Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

He really is a part.

Essay writing skills of a 3 year old too.

Got to feel for the players having such a tuurd for a boss. Let’s not forget the 1/2 leopard print tracky either.

I'm not sure which I find more shocking, the fact that he has actually decided that releasing this content is a good idea (it is the exact opposite of how a leader should behave) or the appalling quality of the writing.  It is almost unintelligible at times. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It is already a bad thing that clubs have all the power in rugby league. It is much worse when you are reminded, as we regularly are, that many of our clubs are owned by over-emotional manboys whose toys are liable to go out of the pram at any moment.

Another thing I occasionally forget is that many people, even people who have had successful careers, don't have the first idea how to construct a sentence.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

The most disturbing thing about his programme notes is that he was allowed to submit a league structure proposal which nearly went through 

Which included your beloved London Broncos being protected in Super League for 2 years. I find it amazing that you never post anything on any London threads yet the minute Leigh pop up you have to go to W.H. Smiths for biro's. in case you run out of ink.

31 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Which included your beloved London Broncos being protected in Super League for 2 years. I find it amazing that you never post anything on any London threads yet the minute Leigh pop up you have to go to W.H. Smiths for biro's. in case you run out of ink.

And here we go with the entirely predictable response of Leigh fans leaping to defend Derek Beaumont even when he acts like a complete tool. Even worse is the need to 'defend Derek' but turning the abuse onto other clubs (in this case London)

Once their game finishes today, I predict we'll see a few more

You know, it's not mandatory for Leigh supporters to defend Beaumont in every instance. It's a perfectly reasonable position to support Leigh, support Derek Beaumont even, but still accept that there are times when he behaves in a way that actually brings his own club into disrepute.

Archived