Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

27 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

And here we go with the entirely predictable response of Leigh fans leaping to defend Derek Beaumont even when he acts like a complete tool. Even worse is the need to 'defend Derek' but turning the abuse onto other clubs (in this case London)

Once their game finishes today, I predict we'll see a few more

You know, it's not mandatory for Leigh supporters to defend Beaumont in every instance. It's a perfectly reasonable position to support Leigh, support Derek Beaumont even, but still accept that there are times when he behaves in a way that actually brings his own club into disrepute.

I think. Paul, with due diligence, you will find that I am not, nor ever have been an advocate of Derek Beaumont. My response was to The Daddy and his ( by his own admission in the past) willingness to jump on any anti-related Leigh  thread whilst never engaging in any topics that relate to London Broncos, as I stated. Oh, and fwiw, I do agree that he can be, using your words, " a tool"

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I love the smell of burning bridges in the morning. It smells like... illiteracy..."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I think. Paul, with due diligence, you will find that I am not, nor ever have been an advocate of Derek Beaumont. My response was to The Daddy and his ( by his own admission in the past) willingness to jump on any anti-related Leigh  thread whilst never engaging in any topics that relate to London Broncos, as I stated. Oh, and fwiw, I do agree that he can be, using your words, " a tool"

By my own admission? 

Well yes, I base that on the clear vitriol you have towards Leigh via your posts. 

Although I applaud your posts when you champion expansion, i can't help but feel the small town of Leigh keeps you awake at night. Don't worry, you are not on your own, they give me sleepless nights too.😉

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Silly old fool has apparently said on the radio if Toulouse go up to replace Leigh there might be legal action from him 😅

He probably did believe that by doing Super League a favour that Leigh would be protected this season.

Someone as smart as him will definitely have all that confirmed formally in writing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

He stated on Radio that it was 'good on' the players to ram his comments down his throat  

Relegation not clear cut. Court possibly if confirmed?  Will play SL on Championship funds again.

Confirmed that Brierley and Bell are leaving and a top NRL coach has changed his mind.

Boy, tomorrow's SL meeting is going to be fun 😂

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Silly old fool has apparently said on the radio if Toulouse go up to replace Leigh there might be legal action from him 😅

I mean its laughable is it not? can you imagine if he actually won? Every team in every sport would go to court to avoid relegation. If we were prepared to apply to super league then we should also be prepared for finishing bottom, which means relegation.

Well its never a dull moment in sunny Leigh,i was there the other night picking up my fish and chips from Moby Dicks mobile fish and chips van (Ex Chef from the Army) best fish and chips in Leigh (Its only 5 mins from where we live) www.mobydicks.net in Leigh every Tuesday.

And what do you mean there is no railway station 🙂 I took the train from there the other week:)

Paul

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe that is why he is a millionaire and you lot spend most of your time on this platform.

Whereas you're hardly ever on here?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

Well it motivated them to win today or at least that is no doubt what Derek will be claiming 

Off course you have watched Leigh performing all season, and can compare it with today's effort, well I have and there was something that got between their earholes, there are people who when criticised can either say "really is that me I will show him he is wrong" or those who go into their shell and say "#### him" is it a dark place in your shell Lee?

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well its never a dull moment in sunny Leigh,i was there the other night picking up my fish and chips from Moby Dicks mobile fish and chips van (Ex Chef from the Army) best fish and chips in Leigh (Its only 5 ins from where we live) www.mobydicks.net in Leigh every Tuesday.

And what do you mean there is no railway station 🙂 I took the train from there the other week:)

Paul

shameless product placement Paul, there is no room for that on here, I for one would never dream of telling you about my free quotes and that all work is undertaken, neither is any job to big or to small!

8 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

This season really has been a ###### rolled in glitter

Which Mr Beaumont compiled a 2000 word/page (i forget the specifics) document to apply for and said publicly he wouldn't even want any central funding...

The person Leigh fans should be most aggrieved with for this diabolical season is the man at the top.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well guy's for all your nerdy comments, it seems the psychology Mr Beaumont used worked a treat with how the team responded, but you all know better don't you? Maybe that is why he is a millionaire and you lot spend most of your time on this platform.

Maybe the players know their time is coming to an end at Leigh and are putting themselves in the shop window for next season., as obviously they don't want to be playing in the championship next season

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well guy's for all your nerdy comments, it seems the psychology Mr Beaumont used worked a treat with how the team responded, but you all know better don't you? Maybe that is why he is a millionaire and you lot spend most of your time on this platform.

Whatever the result today, this is no way for a leader to behave.  You don't publicly criticize the attitude and culture within your organization, you deal with that behind closed doors.

All he is doing here is showcasing a toxic business from the top down.  As someone has said previously, this is no way to attract new people to the organization, it is also no way to attract new partners, sponsors and new investments.  One result does not change that.  Today was not a good day for Leigh, whatever the short term results. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived