Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes if course I am, but you have not a clue what I am worth!

Aye, you're an eccentric billionaire.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Future is League said:

Maybe the players know their time is coming to an end at Leigh and are putting themselves in the shop window for next season., as obviously they don't want to be playing in the championship next season

Go on Radio Manchester and play the Rugby League Hour 5 to 6pm today there will be a link to it.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes if course I am, but you have not a clue what I am worth!

Yet you have assumed what everyone else is worth?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

So.....If Featherstone get promoted he's not going to take legal action, only if it's Toulouse? 

I read what he had to say about Toulouse's potential promotion in his programme notes and I'm just trying to work out what that has to do with Leigh being the worst team in SL and getting relegated. 

39 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

He probably did believe that by doing Super League a favour that Leigh would be protected this season.

Someone as smart as him will definitely have all that confirmed formally in writing.

That guarantee existing was the only way being in Super League this season with the setup and squad they had made any sense. Of course it was nonsense.

Strategically, this has to be the worst move made by a club director through choice (rather than necessity) in the past 10/20 years?

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Yet you have assumed what everyone else is worth?

Well it is up to everyone who I have offended to tell me otherwise, it seems that saying Mr Beaumont got a desired reaction from his comments after all the 'stupid man's' comments from our resident experts has caused some consternation.

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Never forget they was gifted a super league place this season. They didn't win a championship grand final to get into super league

Really? Why on earth have you and Sir kev not mentioned this before???

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That guarantee existing was the only way being in Super League this season with the setup and squad they had made any sense. Of course it was nonsense.

Strategically, this has to be the worst move made by a club director through choice (rather than necessity) in the past 10/20 years?

Totally 100% in agreement Tommy.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Well it is up to everyone who I have offended to tell me otherwise, it seems that saying Mr Beaumont got a desired reaction from his comments after all the 'stupid man's' comments from our resident experts has caused some consternation.

Beating a Wakey side at home with 2 games to go and nothing to play for is a very low bar for a 'reaction'...

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Totally 100% in agreement Tommy.

I do genuinely think that is why the blind defence of him from some Leigh fans is odd. It was obvious this was a stupid decision to everyone, and he with his comments made it worse.

Because of this move, Leigh may not be back in Super League until 2023 at the earliest; and that is if there even is a pathway back by then.

This is nothing more than shifting the blame. Almost identical to last time they got relegated. 

He can't have the fans blaming him, so he blames the players as not performing, when they are, they are just not a great squad.

And even if you don't blame the players, there is the nasty SL.

And if you don't blame them, what about those cheating French eh? 

Wonder if he'll take this one to Judge Judy this time. 

19 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

So.....If Featherstone get promoted he's not going to take legal action, only if it's Toulouse? 

I read what he had to say about Toulouse's potential promotion in his programme notes and I'm just trying to work out what that has to do with Leigh being the worst team in SL and getting relegated. 

He would lose any legal action unless he has it in writing that Leigh wouldn't be relegated this season, and pay not only his costs but the costs of the solicitors for the RFL-Super League, or what ever they will call themselves if and when this goes to court

22 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

You’re probably better listening to it before making anymore pathetic comments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09t7xzn

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Anyone claiming he said it to get a reaction from the players so they won a completely meaningless game is a moron. No matter how "considerably richer than yaaaooouuu" they are.

To be fair...

“Treat your men as you would your own ****, and gob off about them in your programme notes. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I do genuinely think that is why the blind defence of him from some Leigh fans is odd. It was obvious this was a stupid decision to everyone, and he with his comments made it worse.

Because of this move, Leigh may not be back in Super League until 2023 at the earliest; and that is if there even is a pathway back by then.

It will interest you to hear his comments on the *Radio Manchester Rugby League Hour programme Tommy, I know you are rational enough (sometimes 😉) to listen to it with an open mind, a comment would not attribute to all and sundry in this platform.

It is easy to find on Google.

25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This is nothing more than shifting the blame. Almost identical to last time they got relegated. 

He can't have the fans blaming him, so he blames the players as not performing, when they are, they are just not a great squad.

And even if you don't blame the players, there is the nasty SL.

And if you don't blame them, what about those cheating French eh? 

Wonder if he'll take this one to Judge Judy this time. 

You are much better than those comments Dave, which I am sure you realised when posting them.

Archived