Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And you opinion to the question I posed ? 

I don't think Tommy thinks Beaumont is egotistical just because of that but wouldn't want to speak for someone else. Previous to that Beaumont had made statements to play with no central funding too. I cant recall over owners doing the same to be honest.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't think Tommy thinks Beaumont is egotistical just because of that but wouldn't want to speak for someone else. Previous to that Beaumont had made statements to play with no central funding too. I cant recall over owners doing the same to be honest.

If Dereck was displaying egotism by accepting SLs offer , so was all the other owners who submitted applications , how simple do you want it 

Anyway this is now getting silly 

Bye 

29 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

The fact that any 1st class muppet of the magnitude of Beaumont is anywhere near a position of influence in SuperLeague is a perfect summary of what’s wrong with our sport. Small time clubs, with small time dreams, and small time owners 

Better to have some ambulance chasing Lawyers instead don't you think ?

Done 

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If Dereck was displaying egotism by accepting SLs offer , so was all the other owners who submitted applications , how simple do you want it 

Anyway this is now getting silly 

Bye 

I'm not sure why you are spitting your dummy out. You wanted me to give an opinion to a question you addressed to someone else based on what they said. That's ridiculous in itself but maybe don't bother asking questions if you are just going to moan about the answer.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Better to have some ambulance chasing Lawyers instead don't you think ?

Done 

Hardly what Neil is mate. Let’s ask 100+ postmasters he’s spent a decade working to save from the evil corporate b******* that sent them to prison for doing nothing wrong shall we?

I’ll take that over a discount on some garden furniture for my semi-detached house in a minor suburb of Wigan, but then I’m funny like that eh. Have another go… 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Leigh were far and away the least competitive side in SL. It doesn't matter which format there would have been or whatever games were cancelled or whatever rules that were supposedly enforced or changed that were unfair. They would always have finished last, no situation changes that and I don't see how Derek Beaumont thinks he might have a legal case. 

As for Toulouse potentially being promoted subject to future play off results, that has no affect on Leigh performances over the season duration. To drag them into this situation as some sort of lame excuse in my book is just low.

Seems like he was hinting that Featherstone or some other Championship club might be the ones to take action if Toulouse get promoted which would also be low because I heard not a single complaint about the Championship league structure until it started to look like Toulouse stood a good chance of getting promoted. 

This all looks like Sunday league stuff and I'm seeing signs that certain people in the game might attempt to block Toulouse from SL if they won the play off final. That's how I'm seeing it. 

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

What did they do a Lord Peter Smith's funeral??

I have been told this by 2 different people, one of which is an ex player. For whatever reason DB was refusing to pay for Australian player Brendan Elliot's flight back home. On the Friday before the Hull KR game at Newcastle, the players told Beaumont that unless he agreed to do pay for Elliot's flight back home, they would travel up to St. James Park, then just stay in the changing room at kick -off.

One day Beaumont will twig his small-town w***ker mentality is more of a hindrance than help for Leigh.

There’s a good club in there somewhere but from the outside it appears to be a personal fiefdom run by a graceless egotist who hires & fires like a movie villain (‘You’ve failed me for the last time, Mr Duffy!’)

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

This all looks like Sunday league stuff and I'm seeing signs that certain people in the game might attempt to block Toulouse from SL if they won the play off final. That's how I'm seeing it. 

I've thought this for a while. The myopic club owners of the "super" league will see more value in our (Fev) 300+ travelling fans than they will with Toulouse.

Obviously I want us to win the grand final, but if the more likely Toulouse victory happens they should be promoted. It's a sporting contest they will win fair and square.

No complaints from me how the championship panned out this year. It was never going to be normal.

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

I have been told this by 2 different people, one of which is an ex player. For whatever reason DB was refusing to pay for Australian player Brendan Elliot's flight back home. On the Friday before the Hull KR game at Newcastle, the players told Beaumont that unless he agreed to do pay for Elliot's flight back home, they would travel up to St. James Park, then just stay in the changing room at kick -off.

Happy and harmonious as ever then! The fact he had to back down and "lost" is probably why he didn't go into any detail...

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Leigh were far and away the least competitive side in SL. It doesn't matter which format there would have been or whatever games were cancelled or whatever rules that were supposedly enforced or changed that were unfair. They would always have finished last, no situation changes that and I don't see how Derek Beaumont thinks he might have a legal case. 

As for Toulouse potentially being promoted subject to future play off results, that has no affect on Leigh performances over the season duration. To drag them into this situation as some sort of lame excuse in my book is just low.

Seems like he was hinting that Featherstone or some other Championship club might be the ones to take action if Toulouse get promoted which would also be low because I heard not a single complaint about the Championship league structure until it started to look like Toulouse stood a good chance of getting promoted. 

If Toulouse win the Play Off Final they will be promoted. Simples.

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It'll be quite funny when he resigns Leigh from membership of the RFL in order to take legal action. That will take some time to progress given the current backlog exacerbated by Covid in the legal system.

I was wondering about that, isn't there something in the contract about member clubs not being allowed to take the rfl to court?

8 hours ago, clogdance said:

I got told this last week as well. 

Theres something else gone on as well I believe, I dont wish to use the term 'childish revenge' but 'childish revenge' would be a good description,  if its true

People sometimes wonder why RL struggles to attract talented people to come into key positions in running clubs and the sport. 

When you see comments in the press from people like Beaumont, Carter and their ilk, you realise it's not about money, but about culture. Who in their right mind, with any degree of choice over where they work, would want to work for people who would come across as old fashioned even by Victorian workhouse standards? 

I don't think anyone would question Beaumont's passion for Leigh, but he really ought to learn to channel that professionally if he wants people to take him seriously. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I was wondering about that, isn't there something in the contract about member clubs not being allowed to take the rfl to court?

Yep I think there is

He will be hoping that the RFL/SL cave in & allow Leigh to remain as a 13th club.

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

FAO gingerjon.... Harry Enfield character....

I'll have you know that I'm actually a Paul Whitehouse character.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Happy and harmonious as ever then! The fact he had to back down and "lost" is probably why he didn't go into any detail...

I would be tempted to remove the word “probably”. It will be something that he has lost/ not won but had to try & have the last word 

Archived