Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Neither have you. To satisfy yourself scenarios where completely different. 

I await your reply on my question?

Just because London are a full time team, doesn't mean they have a huge wage bill. The London team in SL was very, very different to the squad in the championship this year. 

I don't understand why you keep bringing them up at all. 

I would be very surprised if London were spending as much when we were in SL, compared to Leigh this year.

Just now, Click said:

Just because London are a full time team, doesn't mean they have a huge wage bill. The London team in SL was very, very different to the squad in the championship this year. 

I don't understand why you keep bringing them up at all. 

I would be very surprised if London were spending as much when we were in SL, compared to Leigh this year.

With respect you should quote @Damienhe obviously has the answers.

The attitude, tone, language and even grammatical style of a poster on here is very similar to the article in the programme. It does not surprise me that the writers have similar opinions and viewpoints.

Unfortunately for Leigh I don't think that makes for a successful rugby club or shows it in a good light. A real shame for a club and town that has a proud rugby history and I'm sure that many people would love to see perform to their potential. Especially as their love of the club is evident and the no one can doubt that the owner has done what he considers his best. Maybe a bit of self awareness and bringing in some expert help whilst still financing would be better for the club.

3 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

The attitude, tone, language and even grammatical style of a poster on here is very similar to the article in the programme. It does not surprise me that the writers have similar opinions and viewpoints.

Unfortunately for Leigh I don't think that makes for a successful rugby club or shows it in a good light. A real shame for a club and town that has a proud rugby history and I'm sure that many people would love to see perform to their potential. Especially as their love of the club is evident and the no one can doubt that the owner has done what he considers his best. Maybe a bit of self awareness and bringing in some expert help whilst still financing would be better for the club.

You are Sherlock Holmes and I claim my £5.

43 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Money talks.

This doesn't answer my question in any way.  Are you suggesting that he cannot act like an idiot because he has a few bob?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Tabby said:

You can’t state he is an idiot.

I said acting like an idiot.  Which I think he did in his programme article; and is the consensus opinion on here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I said acting like an idiot.  Which I think he did in his programme article; and is the consensus opinion on here.

I know what you stated. I agree with a lot of what you have said. I can’t justify his reasons for stupidity at times. I’m not sure also how many clubs actually create a free download on programmes these days. That must come at a cost.

5 minutes ago, Tabby said:

I know what you stated. I agree with a lot of what you have said. I can’t justify his reasons for stupidity at times. I’m not sure also how many clubs actually create a free download on programmes these days. That must come at a cost.

What relevance is that? 

Archived