Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tabby said:

As was stated by DB everything was in place and a visa. I’m not privy to why he back tracked. As for the town we are stronger than ever.

This hasn’t answered the question though and doesn’t make sense.  A little similar to some of the Twitter rant.

Do you think that berating the players at Leigh in last weekend programme is  the right thing to do?  

I close my case as obviously none of you have any answers that carry merit.

The sole reasons RL is in the place it is, is down to the fact you ridicule others to keep the dream alive. Clubs tow the line to keep their heads in the trough.

You are willing to sit back and watch it! Where as others are willing to challenge it.

If you want perfection then bin SL.

Just now, Tabby said:

The sole reasons RL is in the place it is, is down to the fact you ridicule others to keep the dream alive. Clubs tow the line to keep their heads in the trough.

You are willing to sit back and watch it! Where as others are willing to challenge it.

Night Degsy xx

2 minutes ago, Tabby said:

This was the final paragraph in the programme but had to be cut for space.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, glossop saint said:

The attitude, tone, language and even grammatical style of a poster on here is very similar to the article in the programme. It does not surprise me that the writers have similar opinions and viewpoints.

Unfortunately for Leigh I don't think that makes for a successful rugby club or shows it in a good light. A real shame for a club and town that has a proud rugby history and I'm sure that many people would love to see perform to their potential. Especially as their love of the club is evident and the no one can doubt that the owner has done what he considers his best. Maybe a bit of self awareness and bringing in some expert help whilst still financing would be better for the club.

Uncannily similar isn't it.

The recruitment at Leigh has been awful for a number of years. It has often consisted of paying over the odds on players that are way past it or players that aren't good enough. The same mistakes have been made again and again. This has seen them fail in Super League twice and the disastrous 2018 season in which contracts were torn up and Beaumont threatened to walk away. Yes Beaumont has to be commended for the money he has pumped into Leigh but I see little else to praise him for and his tenure leaves a lot to be desired.

Just now, Damien said:

Uncannily similar isn't it.

The recruitment at Leigh has been awful for a number of years. It has often consisted of paying over the odds on players that are way past it or players that aren't good enough. The same mistakes have been made again and again. This has seen them fail in Super League twice and the disastrous 2018 season in which contracts were torn up and Beaumont threatened to walk away. Yes Beaumont has to be commended for the money he has pumped into Leigh but I see little else to praise him for and his tenure leaves a lot to be desired.

You have gone from a politician to a consultant in RL in two posts. Well done 👍 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

And especially so if 2023 does go to 2 x 10's there us a strong possibility that 3 clubs could be relegated Toulouse or *Fev would be favourite for the drop if only one was going down if it's 3 then they would have a snowball in hells chance of staying up.

* Fev are my favourites to win the Championship GF.

HI Harry, hope you are well.

Out of interest, why are Fev your favourites to win the Championship?  Clearly Toulouse have won every game they've played and hammered Fev at Fev's ground, and seem to be far better prepared for promotion than any team that's gone up for as far as I can remember.  What's your thinking? 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I can't wait to see how I should trade my teams 8 Super League Grand Final wins for their 8 Super League regular round wins over two seasons 😂😂😂 the jealousy is rising! 

You can keep them as always you are the product.

11 minutes ago, Tabby said:

You can keep them as always you are the product.

9 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Do you not get the nod when no one replies to you.

4 minutes ago, Tabby said:

The potential can’t wait for this one..

I don't know what any of these sentences mean.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived