Jump to content

Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes


Recommended Posts


Beumont is obviously very passionate and clearly thinks the players didn't support his fund raising effort, but to explode publicly in writing is just bizarre! What reaction, other than "let's get out of here" from the players does he expect? For the players, in the games I've seen, there's been no lack of effort, unfortunately, collectively and in some cases individualy, they just simply aren't as good as the opposition

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, HullWire said:

Beumont is obviously very passionate and clearly thinks the players didn't support his fund raising effort, but to explode publicly in writing is just bizarre! What reaction, other than "let's get out of here" from the players does he expect? For the players, in the games I've seen, there's been no lack of effort, unfortunately, collectively and in some cases individualy, they just simply aren't as good as the opposition

It's been a perfect storm in truth , cast off players who in a good established team would be fine , but put together essentially ' overnight ' , don't forget we only played 6 games in 2020 , then losing 40% in your 2 pre season games , giving you just enough players to put together a team each week , but not necessarily an even spread of positions , 6 half back combinations in your first 7 games , having to play no9s as props and scrum halves 

But we didn't cancel on anybody and as you say the effort was there , we ran Saints and Catalans close at the LSV , less good against lesser opposition , so a difficult season , might have been better not taking the chalice , but that's in hindsight , and we're all cleverer with that 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Money talks? Well, provided anyone can understand the language spoken.

Incidentally, it's "toe the line" not "tow the line". A minor point but symptomatic.

Relying on the desperation of players who can't get a place elsewhere seems to me to be unfortunate. Who in their right minds would want to join in any capacity a club run with such a philosophy? Especially as they could earn more money in many other occupations.  And remember, "money talks". This attitude of a 19th century mill owner would permanently harm the reputation of any club .

Back to "money talks".  It's fine being a "local hero"  in a small Lancashire town, but in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't count for much and the personality revealed in the programme notes is liable to be counterproductive.

Not doing the club any favours at all. And if the owner doesn't care about that, more fool him.

  • Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LeeF said:

I thought you had gone to bed for the nite. Maybe you’ve just opened the 15th bottle 

Bottle?

Oh, my sweet, summer child ...

tv show lol GIF by HULU

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The only question now is will Tabby/DB think it was a bit daft and completely avoid this site. Or act like a normal poster for a few weeks before quietly slipping away in an attempt to balls it out. 

He signed up a week ago. In that time he has made 55 posts out of 63 on this Beaumont thread. It seems an awfully strange thread to be so bothered about and to fall on your sword on. Unless of course...

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

He signed up a week ago. In that time he has made 55 posts out of 63 on this Beaumont thread. It seems an awfully strange thread to be so bothered about and to fall on your sword on. Unless of course...

Its incredibly strange isnt it, sign up to defend a bloke who doesnt even know you exist....or does he?.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hello said:

HI Harry, hope you are well.

Out of interest, why are Fev your favourites to win the Championship?  Clearly Toulouse have won every game they've played and hammered Fev at Fev's ground, and seem to be far better prepared for promotion than any team that's gone up for as far as I can remember.  What's your thinking? 

Hello, Hello,

Why are Fev my favourites? simply I believe they have the personnel to get the better of Toulouse and even moreso in a one off game where I expect Fev to be very mentally prepared and make it a very physical encounter - wherever it is played, Yes Toulouse have not been defeated and have won all 12 games they have played in all season plus one default by London, Fev have actually won 19 games and as you say one defeat to Toulouse but to describe that has an hammering is a bit OTT, did you watch the game? It was very much closer than the scoreboard suggested. Call it a gut feeling, I don't believe there is that much  between the two teams, but we shall see in the next few weeks.

Secondly also I don't understand what has being better prepared for promotion got to do with a Grand Final encounter? Toulouse will be like any other team if they beat Fev that traversing the divide of the Championship to SL they will have the need to recruit a number of players especially in the replacement of some of their ageing forwards, and dare I say including their go to talisman player Jonathan Ford an exceptionally good Championship player but in my opinion would not be so prominent or effective in SL, the Toulouse strategy and game structure revolves around and is dependent on Mr Ford and he is as an influential individual in any team at any level I can think of, but again I don't think SL is the place he would be given enough time to exhibit those silky skills he possess.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hello, Hello,

Why are Fev my favourites? simply I believe they have the personnel to get the better of Toulouse and even moreso in a one off game where I expect Fev to be very mentally prepared and make it a very physical encounter - wherever it is played, Yes Toulouse have not been defeated and have won all 12 games they have played in all season plus one default by London, Fev have actually won 19 games and as you say one defeat to Toulouse but to describe that has an hammering is a bit OTT, did you watch the game? It was very much closer than the scoreboard suggested. Call it a gut feeling, I don't believe there is that much  between the two teams, but we shall see in the next few weeks.

Secondly also I don't understand what has being better prepared for promotion has got to do with a Grand Final encounter? Toulouse will be like any other team if they beat Fev that traversing the divide of the Championship to SL they will have the need to recruit a number of players especially in the replacement of some of their ageing forwards, and dare I say including their go to talisman player Jonathan Ford an exceptionally good Championship player but in my opinion would not be so prominent or effective in SL, the Toulouse strategy and game structure revolves around and is dependent on Mr Ford and he is as an influential individual in any team at any level I can think of, but again I don't think SL is the place he would be given enough time to exhibit those silky skills he possess.

Do you have anything to add to your colleague, Mr. Tabby, comments on the programme rant, Harry?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good lord this has exploded since I last visited the thread.

 

Ignoring the r Beaumont defence league for a minute, the problem with the leigh club and ownership  is similar to what happened when widnes got promoted the first time.

 

Its still kinda being run like pre SL, being run by the maroon blazer brigade, in a small time fashion, local businessmen running it on emotion rather than professionally.

Which isn't helped by having a very loyal core of supporters who seem to be way too close to the club, because everyone seems to have a family member that has worked, helped out or volunteered at the club over the last 100 years, so they veer from 'disgusted and never going back' to 'ridiculously blindly defensive'.

 

It needs some proper management,  what it doesn't need is a second loose cannon in koukash

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...