Derek Beaumont's Programme Notes

Chris22

19 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

He would lose any legal action unless he has it in writing that Leigh wouldn't be relegated this season, and pay not only his costs but the costs of the solicitors for the RFL-Super League, or what ever they will call themselves if and when this goes to court

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

He should be reminded that when you lose legal action it's very costly

Seems you are familiar with losing legal actions?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are much better than those comments Dave, which I am sure you realised when posting them.

There is little controversial in my post Harry. 

It is a rant from DB to make sure fans blame everyone else apart from him. He did exactly the same last time. And if I remember correctly you went along with it and felt he was justified in his treatment of the players. 

Again Iirc you have stated that you don't think DB should have bid for SL this year - so you appear to accept that he was wrong. The buck stops with him. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is a rant from DB to make sure fans blame everyone else apart from him. He did exactly the same last time. And if I remember correctly you went along with it and felt he was justified in his treatment of the players. 

Again Iirc you have stated that you don't think DB should have bid for SL this year - so you appear to accept that he was wrong. The buck stops with him. 

I think the term is gaslighting 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think the term is gaslighting 

It's just basic deflection. I have no issues with Leigh fans buying it, sometimes blind loyalty is part of being a fan, but don't grumble about others calling it out for what it is. 

Just now, Dave T said:

It's just basic deflection. I have no issues with Leigh fans buying it, sometimes blind loyalty is part of being a fan, but don't grumble about others calling it out for what it is. 

He is going to get agents giving him the swerve on recruitment. Simply not worth the hassle.

I've listened to the interview on Radio Manchester and to me it sounds like he's trying to hold SL and RFL to ransom and negotiate a situation where Leigh do not get relegated. He's basically saying better not relegate us or there's likely to be legal action.

How can that be justified? 

Just now, Scubby said:

He is going to get agents giving him the swerve on recruitment. Simply not worth the hassle.

It is what it is, I don't think too many will bother, Leigh wont be first choice for players anyway, but if they get offered contracts that are decent they will go. 

We will see a real challenge if he tries the se tactics as last time, but I assume he will have it all tied up in proper contracts this time. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Very correct on both points Dave,

But as I said at the time on the first point, there are many on these pages who blindly made comments with no justification of watching those player's who you claim were maltreated in the way they performed on the field, they turned up yes, they put the shirt on yes, then they couldn't give a flying #### otger than hold out their hands to take their pay, in my opinion they should have been strung up by their dangly bits and allowed to fester.

Secondly, yes I did say he was totally wrong in accepting the SL spot, but he was no different to the other Championship Chairmen who put up their hands to be selected, collectively they should have demanded what terms they wanted from SL for helping them out, and avoid being treated like a bit of siht on the sole of SL's shoe. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Beating a Wakey side at home with 2 games to go and nothing to play for is a very low bar for a 'reaction'...

Not really when you've only won once all year 

Do I think it was a ' reaction ' ? , No , we haven't done much if anything different today as we've done virtually all season 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is what it is, I don't think too many will bother, Leigh wont be first choice for players anyway, but if they get offered contracts that are decent they will go. 

We will see a real challenge if he tries the se tactics as last time, but I assume he will have it all tied up in proper contracts this time. 

As far as i know the Leigh players contracts come to an end very soon and i haven't seen any players signed up for next season, but I'm sure someone has on here

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very correct on both points Dave,

But as I said at the time on the first point, there are many on these pages who blindly made comments with no justification of watching those player's who you claim were maltreated in the way they performed on the field, they turned up yes, they put the shirt on yes, then they couldn't give a flying #### otger than hold out their hands to take their pay, in my opinion they should have been strung up by their dangly bits and allowed to fester.

Secondly, yes I did say he was totally wrong in accepting the SL spot, but he was no different to the other Championship Chairmen who put up their hands to be selected, collectively they should have demanded what terms they wanted from SL for helping them out, and avoid being treated like a bit of siht on the sole of SL's shoe. 

And all that's fine (see my later post about Leigh fans staying loyal), but I dont think you can then criticise others for not supporting DB's criticism of his players. We have seen plenty of bad teams before in SL without owners acting like this, and here he is doing it a 2nd time in 2 SL attempts. 

Do you not think that it may not actually be the players (many different this time) where the blame lies? 

I don't see anything other than deflection here - and again, that is fine, it's his prerogative, he pays the bills, he can act how he wants, but you can't get precious about people disagreeing with him.

I have no issues with DB or Leigh, you must know that from me on here now Harry. 

I believe he is now offering to run Leigh in SL 2022 at a cost of 670k without central funding.

This not only beggars belief but what he is saying is basically " dont promote anybody and I will do it for free"

We can argue about sky sports contracts, we can argue about central funding division too, but trying to hold super league to ransom is next level super villain.

I put up with a lot of stuff on here and comment little, I have learned that opinions are like ar5eh0le5, everybody has one. The one thing I cant abide is the owner of our club making us look ridiculous, Im sorry Harry and sweaty, if this offends you but at some point you have to take the blinkers off.

Rugby is a game,blatant bribery should not play a part, although I suspect it does and I am quite naive to it all

3 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I believe he is now offering to run Leigh in SL 2022 at a cost of 670k without central funding.

This not only beggars belief but what he is saying is basically " dont promote anybody and I will do it for free"

We can argue about sky sports contracts, we can argue about central funding division too, but trying to hold super league to ransom is next level super villain.

I put up with a lot of stuff on here and comment little, I have learned that opinions are like ar5eh0le5, everybody has one. The one thing I cant abide is the owner of our club making us look ridiculous, Im sorry Harry and sweaty, if this offends you but at some point you have to take the blinkers off.

Rugby is a game,blatant bribery should not play a part, although I suspect it does and I am quite naive to it all

If this was to happen it would drive even more people away from the game and our fan Base is already dwindling alarminly

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It will interest you to hear his comments on the *Radio Manchester Rugby League Hour programme Tommy, I know you are rational enough (sometimes 😉) to listen to it with an open mind, a comment would not attribute to all and sundry in this platform.

It is easy to find on Google.

Thank you, I have.

I think he sounds like he's been swindled and is lashing out in a pretty sad bid for validation. Combined with the programme notes to judge the environment within the camp, you can see why the coach left! It sounds pretty toxic. In any team, accountability is a major factor - and it seems like there is a total lack of it at Leigh at the moment.

I think Super League saw Mr Beaumont's hubris a mile off. They played to his arrogance and took full advantage. Leigh shouldn't have taken the offer from Super League, they shouldn't have even applied really given the terms, but DBs own psyche meant that he couldn't turn it down. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

And all that's fine (see my later post about Leigh fans staying loyal), but I dont think you can then criticise others for not supporting DB's criticism of his players. We have seen plenty of bad teams before in SL without owners acting like this, and here he is doing it a 2nd time in 2 SL attempts. 

Do you not think that it may not actually be the players (many different this time) where the blame lies? 

I don't see anything other than deflection here - and again, that is fine, it's his prerogative, he pays the bills, he can act how he wants, but you can't get precious about people disagreeing with him.

I have no issues with DB or Leigh, you must know that from me on here now Harry. 

Just to correct you Dave , the last time we were relegated Dereck was fine , it was the season afterwards were the assembled squad was probably much better than this one , but essentially thought it would be easy , by the time they realised they had to work for wins and points in the Championship it was too late 

As for Dereck , well he is what he is , too passionate at times and takes things too much to heart , gets too emotional about it , which is why I told him not to get involved in owning/running a club again , I'd suggest he has ' something ' that he believes might make it worthwhile to go ' legal ' , IMO it'd be best left alone , like Harry , I didn't want us to pick up the chalice , but then again would that be construed as fear or weakness ? 

Never quiet when Derecks around🙄

7 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

He did the "I'll play for free" this year too. Given how that has gone, I cannot believe he would make the same offer again. It simply defies logic, or covers his own back for the stupid strategic mistake.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Thank you, I have.

I think he sounds like he's been swindled and is lashing out in a pretty sad bid for validation. Combined with the programme notes to judge the environment within the camp, you can see why the coach left! It sounds pretty toxic. In any team, accountability is a major factor - and it seems like there is a total lack of it at Leigh at the moment.

I think Super League saw Mr Beaumont's hubris a mile off. They played to his arrogance and took full advantage. Leigh shouldn't have taken the offer from Super League, they shouldn't have even applied really given the terms, but DBs own psyche meant that he couldn't turn it down. 

Easier said than done 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just to correct you Dave , the last time we were relegated Dereck was fine , it was the season afterwards were the assembled squad was probably much better than this one , but essentially thought it would be easy , by the time they realised they had to work for wins and points in the Championship it was too late 

As for Dereck , well he is what he is , too passionate at times and takes things too much to heart , gets too emotional about it , which is why I told him not to get involved in owning/running a club again , I'd suggest he has ' something ' that he believes might make it worthwhile to go ' legal ' , IMO it'd be best left alone , like Harry , I didn't want us to pick up the chalice , but then again would that be construed as fear or weakness ? 

Never quiet when Derecks around🙄

Yes sorry, I wasn't sure actually whether it was a super 8 season or what and didn't check, thanks for the clarification. 

Archived