Havens new coach

Keith T

I see Haven have appointed Jonny Gorley as their new coach to follow Gary Charlton. He will do a good job for Haven. 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Yes he will, and good luck to him. The craic from the Haven fans at work a while ago was that Charlo was being given the elbow for Jonty and he wasn't happy about it. So not sure if the move upstairs was a compromise or that was always on the table. Nobody can deny he has had them punching well above their weight this year so maybe they should be careful what they wish for.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Best of luck to Jonty, will always think of him as one of us. What a job Charlo has done this season, we have to give him credit for turning round a team who were before covid were going down with the lowest points ever into a play off possibility team. Bold move by haven and obviously from a Townie perspective I hope he loses every game. 🙄😎

19 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

He was 1 of yous wonder why he left? 

Does it make you think what if? 

Anyways good luck int playoffs you'll need it. 

Its was very clear why he left, pushed out by Price and the board didn't do anything about it.

Archived