Hunslet match

town4me

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sticklebricks said:

You can’t really blame him,what did he say David lots of swear words I hope 😡

Blatant try which Barnes scored from a move we practice all the time … 9 penalties against us to 2 … Henson scores and he doesn’t ask the touchie because he’s already made his mind up not to give it … he was upset at losing Connor while they’re guy only gets 10 . He said there’s a reason guys like him are in league one . He was so upset he came down to talk to the fourth ref who said what do you want me to do 

That was cak! Why does if take us till the games up to change our kicking game? We looked flat,slow and uninterested. 2 week to sort it out or next year could easy be disaster..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

3 defeats at home tells its own story. Punched above our weight all season but today was just the chickens coming home to roost. No forward power and unfortunately half backs that weren't at the races add in a god awful biased ref and we get a resounding defeat. 2 weeks to rest up and pull our selves together, I still think we can get something out of this 🤔UTT

Even if the ref had been decent I still believe we would have been beat. 

We haven't a clue... far too slow and unfit. None of them looked like they wanted to win. Couldn't catch or kick a ball in the end! 

Every time there's a decent crowd town crumble! They certainly don't encourage people to spend their money coming back to another game. 

Something needs changed in training ! 

With the amount of money that the rfl say they spend every year on referee development, I'm sure the standard should be a lot better than what it is throughout the game. 

Crashley murdered us in first half but lets be honest, we were awful in  the second, no energy, no pace and no ideas, our last tackle options are abismal and have been for weeks,  sorry to say but play like that and we dont deserve to win another game!

To be fair Hunslet had there best and first team out today .To lose your one if our best props and there guy gets only 10mins we'll you can do that all day every day without getting penalised so that was a win ,win for Hunslet. 

We have two weeks to get the team back up and running so let's see what Chris can do .

Firstly as expected Crashley was terrible.  BUT.

Hunslet ran with purpose and tackled well. We, on the other hand never bent nevermind broke the defensive line at all with our forwards, and didn't try any off loads as a way of getting through it. Apart from a 5 minute spell at the start of the second half we also didn't play the ball quickly to try and get a roll on ( Ref did constantly call surrender if a player landed on their front which didn't help) 

Of course losing Fitzy to foul play at the start of the game didn't help but the lads just seemed to run into contact and take the tackle, no trying to break the line or play it quickly so consequently we really struggled to make yards. Its a good job we were linking well on our right hand side or it could have been embarrassing. They seemed to lose confidence and give up the fight very quickly in the second half, but we were struggling with injuries again with Gabe and Matty both struggling. 

Going into the play offs we seem to be struggling for fit players yet again and confidence.  Chris has a very big job ahead of him as JD can't perform miracles without a platform from the forwards. Hunslet looked like they were blowing a couple of times in defence but we just couldn't take advantage. 

The crack from Haven lads was that we turned down Ethan Kelly, if true it seems a strange decision the way things are panning out. Just gotta hope that we get some players back in the next fortnight and Chris can work at getting confidence and a good plan "B"

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It’s easy to say we were poor but I think a bit of context, we would have been 2 scores to the good if Barnes and Henson tries had been awarded as they should have been, Fell and Henson are playing on one leg, our best forward of the season went off after 5 mins and there were 6 or 7 guys in there very inexperienced in terms of semi pro rugby. Coupled to that they had a half back in Brambini who was allowed to dictate and took the vast majority of their ball down their right flank having our playmaker tackling all the time. We are doing it tough and look completely different to how we looked earlier in the season but hopefully we can re group over the next 2 weeks, although listening to Chris isn’t doesn’t sound good for getting any bodies back in. I don’t think any team with Jonno as a conditioner are unfit, we certainly weren’t up until the covid break, we’ve certainly lost something though, hopefully we can find it again. 
Oh and if Crashley is deemed good enough to referee rugby league the game is completely goosed. UTT

It’s tough for us to make yards with our lack of size and we’re just not going anywhere in the middle , exacerbated by Henson obviously not being right and not scooting around . But when we shift it it’s pretty ponderous a lot of the time . And then we were hoofing it to Young or Reittie and they’re taking tackle two on the halfway line . The two big lads they brought on showed up a big difference in size , we are getting outmuscled a fair bit now with and without the ball ,but also I’m very disappointed in comparison to opponents that are halfback is barely a factor . We need to refind something as it looks like we’re playing busted and uphill . Whether we will I don’t know , it’s hard to see you suddenly flick a switch as momentum is key at this stage . I think they were held up over the line about 5 times

Despite some posters on here being confused Town had 2nd place wrapped up prior to this Hunslet visit, and it's play offs ahead.

So today then.....well yes I agree with many views that Crashley is a less than average referee..I presume the Town official concerned can still add comments to a RFL match report?(Hopefully they still have a facility to do this?).

What made me join the ref critics was when he was noticeably conversing with Hunslet players while awaiting conversion attempts..indeed he was on more than one occasion enjoying a good laugh with them...ok maybe it was something about nothing other than an attempt to wind up us Townies..he was successful then. However it's a very unprofessional attitude and needs sorting.....a proper Ref should not get involved with crowd comments at all.

Having said that Town were still second best today...it's difficult to fathom how recent efforts have been so underwhelming, the wheels have come off big style......hopefully a weeks rest can help sort something better.?????

One thing that can't be sorted as quickly, sadly, is the lack of size in the Town team.....Crusaders were hugely more physical, so today were Hunslet....where are all the big Cumbrian forwards nowadays? I also had been tipped off re Ethan Kelly coming to DP....big lad would have been an asset.

I don't subscribe to the comments that Town players didn't make the effort. Some of their defence was superb. Just a stark contrast between the teams today: Battered in the forwards, always on the back foot hence poor kicking game and especially I'm sorry to say, between the 7's.

Archived