Hunslet match

town4me

I personally apart from the rugby side off things the club has some big improvements needed especially on social media side off things we rarely get highlights off the games we never get to hear how injured players are getting on us fans are left in the dark far too often 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, town2018 said:

I personally apart from the rugby side off things the club has some big improvements needed especially on social media side off things we rarely get highlights off the games we never get to hear how injured players are getting on us fans are left in the dark far too often 

During lockdowns they provided probably some of the best social content out of any club in the country. Did you watch any of the Facebook webcasts? 

Please remember just about all the rolls are voluntary and we don't have the media teams that some clubs have the luxury of having?

21 minutes ago, townie88 said:

During lockdowns they provided probably some of the best social content out of any club in the country. Did you watch any of the Facebook webcasts? 

Please remember just about all the rolls are voluntary and we don't have the media teams that some clubs have the luxury of having?

Yeah during lock down the club were top draw on the social media but since then we have seen literally nothing no word on players who have left no word on injuries no highlights off games

On the team front for next week, isn't loans out of the question, which is why folk are playing on one leg?

The fitness type pack or lightweight as some call it has worked for the majority of the season but now teams have cottoned on and now play direct down the middle.

To be a big fan of the thorman revolution, I ask do we have a plan b for the playoffs?

As plan a isn't working 

14 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Yeah during lock down the club were top draw on the social media but since then we have seen literally nothing no word on players who have left no word on injuries no highlights off games

There has been interviews with Chris on Facebook where he has discussed players leaving and injuries. I agree we would all like to see more but as already mentioned everybody involved has a day job and do what they do voluntarily.

On loans, havenhater, Chris said in his interview yesterday he might have to approach the rfl, there is special dispensation apparently although not sure who would be available. 

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

There has been interviews with Chris on Facebook where he has discussed players leaving and injuries. I agree we would all like to see more but as already mentioned everybody involved has a day job and do what they do voluntarily.

On loans, havenhater, Chris said in his interview yesterday he might have to approach the rfl, there is special dispensation apparently although not sure who would be available. 

Chris can approach the RFL as much as he wants, but when did the RFL ever help us when we needed it.

Barrow got dispensation to lend players to WR on Saturday, but I would be very surprised if we get any help.

4 minutes ago, bobg said:

Chris can approach the RFL as much as he wants, but when did the RFL ever help us when we needed it.

Barrow got dispensation to lend players to WR on Saturday, but I would be very surprised if we get any help.

Very true Bob. 

2 hours ago, havenhater said:

On the team front for next week, isn't loans out of the question, which is why folk are playing on one leg?

The fitness type pack or lightweight as some call it has worked for the majority of the season but now teams have cottoned on and now play direct down the middle.

To be a big fan of the thorman revolution, I ask do we have a plan b for the playoffs?

As plan a isn't working 

Does anyone know what happened to Lewis Brown , he's a big unit but seems to have disappeared?

Well shell shock from yesterdays shambles has subsided a bit, so my comments will probably be shot down in flames. We have a team captain who plays in a crucial position. Now call me old fashioned if you like but I thought in defence the job of a stand-off was to shackle his opposite number. I'm afraid Mr Doran likes to play his defence standing with the winger. I can't remember earlier stand offs cracking to the winger when defending. Sammutt for one. Ged Byrne for another. Might be that's how the games played now. Can't remember Hunslet halves hanging about on the flanks when defending, but there was very little defending needed by them with our ponderous go forward. Really think we have little chance now of getting out of this league. All negative thoughts now I'm afraid. See you at the play-off match!

It just feels like we are relying on free kicks to make any headway into the oppositions half at all.  I know there's the modern day style of mobile forwards and going around teams but the good old fashioned banging it down the middle is the way to make inrodes into the opposition.  

11 minutes ago, wiganlad said:

Personally it wouldn’t bother me if my half backs never made a tackle all game as long as they were producing the goods for the team going forwards. 

Me too but to produce the goods they need a platform to work off and thats good field position. Cant get that with reduced go forward down the middle. Hope they can turn it around for the playoffs  cane in the front row??

52 minutes ago, town4me said:

Me too but to produce the goods they need a platform to work off and thats good field position. Cant get that with reduced go forward down the middle. Hope they can turn it around for the playoffs  cane in the front row??

I take the valid point about the forwards laying a platform but equally our last tackle kicking was ...i was going to say woeful but i think pathetic is a better description. 

32 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I take the valid point about the forwards laying a platform but equally our last tackle kicking was ...i was going to say woeful but i think pathetic is a better description. 

Hasnt been good most of season to be honest

25 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Hasnt been good most of season to be honest

Got to agree, we don’t vary the kicks at all, yesterday, apart from one crubber which we scored off, all the kicks where high and Hunslet simply didn’t drop one, we put little pressure on their kickers or on our kick chase, much work to be done.

Hope Chris has another plan.

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Interesting Chris said in his interview that Wellington had been dropped . 

I thought Chris had a lot of excuses yesterday, the ref, and then the lack of fit and experienced players to choose from,  but maybe putting these lads in would help develop them, would also give them good experience and again help the development of the players.  

16 minutes ago, Town utd said:

at the start of the season town had lots of players to pick from,more than lots of other teams in the division,so why at the business end of season were struggling,why also have a lot of the new local players gone back to there local team's.

Because we dont have an "A" Team.

A lot of the new local players went back to there local team's to get a game of Rugby and a few others also left, plus there will be some [to use Blain as an example] will/could be thinking about it because they are bound to be frustrated at not getting a game?

Coach Thorman can only use 18 per week - everyone else not injured is missing out on a game and most rugby players careers are short so they want to play.

An "A" team would fix this and could be part funded with the money usually paid out to Loan/Dual reg costs.

Archived