Ralph Rimmer gives an Interview

Tommygilf

I re-ran the BBC interview and my thoughts on it are:

1.  That they envisage some external funding/investment that is not sadly the NRL. Alarm Bells!

2.  10 and 10 might be dullsome for the fans, but the accountant led logic seems to have convinced them.

3.  Nines are being mooted as our Hundreds. 

4.  Wishy, washy, vague, making it up as you go along.

What purpose would external funding be used for? I'd hope for the likes of development officers, loans/grants to improve facilities or schemes to better player/coach/referee skills. Or even campaigns to boost game attendance. Probably not though. 

As for the nines, could we see say 6/7 rounds of Nines tournaments around RLworld?  It has been mooted down under enough like that.

https://nothingbutleague.com/2021/09/15/the-nrl-nines-revamp/

I had hoped for some vaguely "collective" marks of fiscal unity and solidarity, where the big boys support the minions. Like a small levy of Super League gate earnings?  Marquee salary transaction tax? Unified marketing or regional academies than club, Nope.

We need a RL Robin Hood.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

£145,000 a year too apparently, for some uninspiring mumblings.  Ridiculous how he’s the “head” of the Sport.

I think its a fair bit more than that isn't it? £200k inc pension contributions. 

I'm not one for blindly criticising heads of the governing body, but his interviews and reluctance to be open with us is just not good enough. Why is he being so secretive about nothing issues (like an England game)? 

Archived