Whats the situation ?

Knight panther

all a bit academic the way we're playing. 

think our season is more or less over now.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

3 hours ago, Knight panther said:

So..... lose to fax

London beat York

We're 6th ,away to fax in play offs 

York beat London 

We're 5th away to Bradford 

Beat fax by more than 14 points and Bradford lose to Whitehaven 

We're 3rd and home to London 

Bradford beat Whitehaven 

We're 4th home to fax

Is this correct  or close ?

I haven't a clue; but well done for trying to work it out. It's an interesting post.

if Batley lose then it will be W12 L9 (24pts / 21 games x 50) = 57.14% 

If London lose then it will be W12 l7 D1 plus 2 points deduction (23pts / 20 games x 50) = 57.50%

So London could still finish above Batley.

the good news is that Whitehaven can't catch you so you are guaranteed a play off game.

It makes for 3 very interest games at the weekend:

Bradford Bulls RLFC v Whitehaven RLFC
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs
York City Knights v London Broncos

PS to get third Batley need to win by a minimum of 22pts depending on how many points Fax score (don't forget equal win percentages are decided by pts percentages, not pts difference), but obviously would also require a Whitehaven win at Bradford as stated above.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

London should win at York so the both losing scenario is theoretical only. We need to win more for pride either than improving position as we've had 2 weeks where everything went in our favour except our results. All played well enough for long enough to get a new contract then what? They owe the club a result whatever.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

London should win at York so the both losing scenario is theoretical only. We need to win more for pride either than improving position as we've had 2 weeks where everything went in our favour except our results. All played well enough for long enough to get a new contract then what? They owe the club a result whatever.

Will London put in a performance for their departing coach or are a few of their players also on their bikes? This may not help in their team motivation, whereas York have the chance of ending their season on a high. The calorifically challenged lady has yet to start humming.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Will London put in a performance for their departing coach or are a few of their players also on their bikes? This may not help in their team motivation, whereas York have the chance of ending their season on a high. The calorifically challenged lady has yet to start humming.

York have a few players who’s last game it is this weekend  

Just as a change of topic of "what the situation is currently" my wife has went to concrete basement....strong winds...getting smacked with a tornado a the moment I believe...lots of lightning and thunder...will lose power soon.....

Now back to the Whitehaven situation.....

Not looking good...not looking good at all...wind has not stopped and is quiet outside....this is a really bad sign for the tornado....time to take cover....?????

2000 lightning strikes in cell now!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Let's hope Whitehaven don't win as they could possibly sneak in. How would their and Bradford's %s work out?

Don't worry about whitehaven  the highest they can finish is 6th it's london who you want to lose because they can overtake you if you lose

The fun and games are at the the other end you beat fax and you end up on same WP% and then depending on  the bulls result  you either finish  3rd or  4th  after the DIF% is worked out🤣 

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Black as the Black Hole of Calcutta out there...wind stopped....totally still...eerie

This is not good at all...HoO:Y bif hit of thiunder and l;ighning just now......

she be on da way By!

I never know whether you are the genuine article or an attention seeking individual sat in a bedsit in Clitheroe, or some such location. If you are the real McCoy, then I wish good luck to you and your neighbours. 

2 hours ago, POR said:

Don't worry about whitehaven  the highest they can finish is 6th it's london who you want to lose because they can overtake you if you lose

The fun and games are at the the other end you beat fax and you end up on same WP% and then depending on  the bulls result  you either finish  3rd or  4th  after the DIF% is worked out🤣 

Whitehaven can't finish 6th if they win they will be 12 out of 22 = 54.55

London if they lose will be 11 out of 20 = 55

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

I never know whether you are the genuine article or an attention seeking individual sat in a bedsit in Clitheroe, or some such location. If you are the real McCoy, then I wish good luck to you and your neighbours. 

Power finally back on...we made it.   Family barn held up and the horses are Okay....lots of damage...should be an interesting day....got hit with a tornado last week too...crazy weather these days.

Where is Clitheroe????

31 minutes ago, Knight panther said:

WOW your calculations are correct   but  WP% is calculated by points  not wins  and london have had 2 points knocked off  so their 11 wins means nowt in the grand  scheme of things  and I will add some more confusion to your theory  of Whitehaven can't finish 6th if they win if london lose whitehaven only have to draw to go above them

The sad thing for london is if there's no points deduction  then they can't be caught 

1 hour ago, Knight panther said:

I think London will be 52.5 if they lose. Remember the penalty for defaulting on the Toulouse game?

(I see that POR posted just before me - grinds teeth.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

33 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

Yes thanks Roger, I was aware that he "might" be a Toronto fan.  

seems he has lots of time on his hands these days...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived