Jump to content

Whats the situation ?


Knight panther
 Share

Recommended Posts

So..... lose to fax

London beat York

We're 6th ,away to fax in play offs 

York beat London 

We're 5th away to Bradford 

Beat fax by more than 14 points and Bradford lose to Whitehaven 

We're 3rd and home to London 

Bradford beat Whitehaven 

We're 4th home to fax

Is this correct  or close ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


all a bit academic the way we're playing. 

think our season is more or less over now.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Knight panther said:

So..... lose to fax

London beat York

We're 6th ,away to fax in play offs 

York beat London 

We're 5th away to Bradford 

Beat fax by more than 14 points and Bradford lose to Whitehaven 

We're 3rd and home to London 

Bradford beat Whitehaven 

We're 4th home to fax

Is this correct  or close ?

I haven't a clue; but well done for trying to work it out. It's an interesting post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if Batley lose then it will be W12 L9 (24pts / 21 games x 50) = 57.14% 

If London lose then it will be W12 l7 D1 plus 2 points deduction (23pts / 20 games x 50) = 57.50%

So London could still finish above Batley.

the good news is that Whitehaven can't catch you so you are guaranteed a play off game.

It makes for 3 very interest games at the weekend:

Bradford Bulls RLFC v Whitehaven RLFC
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs
York City Knights v London Broncos

 

PS to get third Batley need to win by a minimum of 22pts depending on how many points Fax score (don't forget equal win percentages are decided by pts percentages, not pts difference), but obviously would also require a Whitehaven win at Bradford as stated above.

  • Thanks 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

London should win at York so the both losing scenario is theoretical only. We need to win more for pride either than improving position as we've had 2 weeks where everything went in our favour except our results. All played well enough for long enough to get a new contract then what? They owe the club a result whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phildog said:

London should win at York so the both losing scenario is theoretical only. We need to win more for pride either than improving position as we've had 2 weeks where everything went in our favour except our results. All played well enough for long enough to get a new contract then what? They owe the club a result whatever.

Will London put in a performance for their departing coach or are a few of their players also on their bikes? This may not help in their team motivation, whereas York have the chance of ending their season on a high. The calorifically challenged lady has yet to start humming.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Will London put in a performance for their departing coach or are a few of their players also on their bikes? This may not help in their team motivation, whereas York have the chance of ending their season on a high. The calorifically challenged lady has yet to start humming.

York have a few players who’s last game it is this weekend  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as a change of topic of "what the situation is currently" my wife has went to concrete basement....strong winds...getting smacked with a tornado a the moment I believe...lots of lightning and thunder...will lose power soon.....

Now back to the Whitehaven situation.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not looking good...not looking good at all...wind has not stopped and is quiet outside....this is a really bad sign for the tornado....time to take cover....?????

2000 lightning strikes in cell now!!!!!!!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Black as the Black Hole of Calcutta out there...wind stopped....totally still...eerie

This is not good at all...HoO:Y bif hit of thiunder and l;ighning just now......

she be on da way By!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Let's hope Whitehaven don't win as they could possibly sneak in. How would their and Bradford's %s work out?

Don't worry about whitehaven  the highest they can finish is 6th it's london who you want to lose because they can overtake you if you lose

The fun and games are at the the other end you beat fax and you end up on same WP% and then depending on  the bulls result  you either finish  3rd or  4th  after the DIF% is worked out🤣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Black as the Black Hole of Calcutta out there...wind stopped....totally still...eerie

This is not good at all...HoO:Y bif hit of thiunder and l;ighning just now......

she be on da way By!

I never know whether you are the genuine article or an attention seeking individual sat in a bedsit in Clitheroe, or some such location. If you are the real McCoy, then I wish good luck to you and your neighbours. 

Edited by Bi11
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, POR said:

Don't worry about whitehaven  the highest they can finish is 6th it's london who you want to lose because they can overtake you if you lose

The fun and games are at the the other end you beat fax and you end up on same WP% and then depending on  the bulls result  you either finish  3rd or  4th  after the DIF% is worked out🤣 

Whitehaven can't finish 6th if they win they will be 12 out of 22 = 54.55

London if they lose will be 11 out of 20 = 55

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

I never know whether you are the genuine article or an attention seeking individual sat in a bedsit in Clitheroe, or some such location. If you are the real McCoy, then I wish good luck to you and your neighbours. 

Power finally back on...we made it.   Family barn held up and the horses are Okay....lots of damage...should be an interesting day....got hit with a tornado last week too...crazy weather these days.

Where is Clitheroe????

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Knight panther said:

Whitehaven can't finish 6th if they win they will be 12 out of 22 = 54.55

London if they lose will be 11 out of 20 = 55

WOW your calculations are correct   but  WP% is calculated by points  not wins  and london have had 2 points knocked off  so their 11 wins means nowt in the grand  scheme of things  and I will add some more confusion to your theory  of Whitehaven can't finish 6th if they win if london lose whitehaven only have to draw to go above them

The sad thing for london is if there's no points deduction  then they can't be caught 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight panther said:

Whitehaven can't finish 6th if they win they will be 12 out of 22 = 54.55

London if they lose will be 11 out of 20 = 55

I think London will be 52.5 if they lose. Remember the penalty for defaulting on the Toulouse game?

 

(I see that POR posted just before me - grinds teeth.)

Edited by Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

Yes thanks Roger, I was aware that he "might" be a Toronto fan.  

seems he has lots of time on his hands these days...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...