Crusaders v Keighley playoff to be played on Saturday

fearnowt

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

That's awkward - not sure if I can make it. I can also see a snag with the floodlights as looking at the reflectors they seem to be directed at the running track (understandably, given that it's mostly an athletics stadium) and not at the pitch in the middle.

I hope the lighting is adequate for the Our League camera lot.

Not easy finding accommodation for a one night stay in Colwyn Bay.

They do care about League One,don't they? But supporters...

Oh,neither,you say...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

7 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I hope the lighting is adequate for the Our League camera lot.

Not easy finding accommodation for a one night stay in Colwyn Bay.

They do care about League One,don't they? But supporters...

Oh,neither,you say...

They??? The Stadiwm Zip World was booked at short notice and other events dictated the time and day it was available.

2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

That's awkward - not sure if I can make it. I can also see a snag with the floodlights as looking at the reflectors they seem to be directed at the running track (understandably, given that it's mostly an athletics stadium) and not at the pitch in the middle.

I think they play Rugby Union using the same lighting. I dont foresee any problems

One consolation for anyone who can't go is that it's on Our League, (I wonder if that has something to do with the timing). As Gogledd has already posted elsewhere, Eirias Park is hosting the Welsh open Taekwondo on Sunday, so that might also have had an effect.

I think the timing will affect the size of the crowd, especially with Wrexham playing at home, and it will be a very long journey home for the Keighley fans. It is what it is, and I'm sure it's the best (probably only) option for the club.

As for the floodlights, the stadium is an international standard rugby stadium, and hosts the Wales under 20s six nations games, which are televised live on Friday nights in February/March. So I'm sure they will be good enough.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

17 hours ago, gogledd said:

They??? The Stadiwm Zip World was booked at short notice and other events dictated the time and day it was available.

I am certainly NOT having a go at North Wales Crusaders.Not in the slightest.

Seems to be organised from above.It may also be that home advantage for the higher finisher has been altered.

No issue with NWC - I think the vociferous,good natured,sporting and helpful supporters should be replicated with every club.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I am certainly NOT having a go at North Wales Crusaders.Not in the slightest.

Seems to be organised from above.It may also be that home advantage for the higher finisher has been altered.

No issue with NWC - I think the vociferous,good natured,sporting and helpful supporters should be replicated with every club.

I'm not sure who you think is dictating this fixture. We have home advantage and the only time slot available to us was 6:30pm on Saturday....so thats why were playing at 6:30pm on Saturday.....

I appreciate your comments about our supporters...they're the best, and our players and coach will tell you that too.

22 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

Am I right in thinking all of this weekend's matches are free on Our League? 

Just the one championship match. There are 3 matches on Sunday, WSL and a  wheelchair game I think and a league 1 eliminator

Archived