INTER-SERVICE RUGBY

tms

6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Unfortunately not.  It is the home ground of the Jamaica national team, who play out of a West Yorkshire mining village. 

They’ve never played a match at Fev. They’ve played three home games in their history, two in Jamaica and one in Jacksonville. 

6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Unfortunately not.  It is the home ground of the Jamaica national team, who play out of a West Yorkshire mining village. 

Mining finished in Featherstone nearly 40 years ago, and it is a town with a growing population due to much new house building, it is not a village. I  live in Featherstone and can't recall Jamaica playing a game here, but if they do in the future I am sure they will get a very warm welcome and enjoy the excellent facilities on offer.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

They’ve never played a match at Fev. They’ve played three home games in their history, two in Jamaica and one in Jacksonville. 

He's just a troll mate

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Mining finished in Featherstone nearly 40 years ago, and it is a town with a growing population due to much new house building, it is not a village. I  live in Featherstone and can't recall Jamaica playing a game here, but if they do in the future I am sure they will get a very warm welcome and enjoy the excellent facilities on offer.

Just a troll mate, don't waste your time.

On 15/09/2021 at 03:11, The Frying Scotsman said:

Massive... In what way?

The likes of the Army have been in the Challenge Cup for years. They would normally get rolled out by a mediocre amateur team like Bentley or Kells. 

Or the Army Union team going by the recent match

On 15/09/2021 at 03:11, The Frying Scotsman said:

Massive... In what way?

The likes of the Army have been in the Challenge Cup for years. They would normally get rolled out by a mediocre amateur team like Bentley or Kells. 

You mean the Army that got to the 4th round of the challenge Cup in 2020? Stop being awkward for the sake of it

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Which game do you have the fondest recollection of?

Army v Navy games were usually better than games including the Air Force.

I remember a great Friday night game in Portsmouth mid to late 2000s. Had a great crowd. Was a buzz. Can’t remember the score, but was a very evenly matched contest.

Remember the atmosphere and enjoyment of a tight game between RE and REME for the Army crown.

Saw a couple of Marines v Paras too. Tough affairs.

Seen any yourself?

4 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Seen any yourself?

Not in person. 

In recent years I`ve paid more attention to the women`s game in the UK. The disparity between the Army and the rest has generally led in inter-services games to the sort of blowouts you wouldn`t enjoy at all. It will be interesting to see if this combined RN/RAF team are more competitive.

One of the positive aspects of Services RL, male or female, is the number of people involved who hail from areas outside the heartlands.

Archived