Players who are retiring this year.

12 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I like the way that the NRL respects it's retiring players by parading them prior to their GF. Does SL do this? If not, maybe it should be introduced for SL's GF.

They parade players continuing their career in SL as retired though....

21 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I like the way that the NRL respects it's retiring players by parading them prior to their GF. Does SL do this? If not, maybe it should be introduced for SL's GF.

💯 This. There's been players who've played hundreds of games that haven't been recognised.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Les Dracs' Jason Baitieri and James Maloney are both retiring from SL; both have signed for FC Lezignan XIII in Elite 1.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Michael Shenton confirmed 

prob a player who symbolises the birth of mediocrity in sl -  should have packed in 5 or 6 years ago but thanks to the very  poor standard of sl these days has gone on a lot longer than a similar player would have done 20 years ago when standards and skills were far higher 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

29 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

prob a player who symbolises the birth of mediocrity in sl -  should have packed in 5 or 6 years ago but thanks to the very  poor standard of sl these days has gone on a lot longer than a similar player would have done 20 years ago when standards and skills were far higher 

Bit harsh for a player who has played a lot of SL games for top clubs and played for England.

Not a world beater but a good SL player.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

They parade players continuing their career in SL as retired though....

We should do the same - parade Oliver Gildart and anyone else off to the NRL next season, along with the retirees. :kolobok_cool:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived