Liam Finn retires

The Phantom Horseman

Hasn't been our player for a while but what a career he has had and what a job he did for us, especially in that second stint.

Maybe he doesn't rank up with the truly great Rovers half backs but his four years from 2010 to 2013 saw us top the table each year and he played a major role in that success, also breaking the world record for number of consecutive successful goal kicks.

Hope he has a long and happy retirement.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Article and if any Fev fans want to see his final game and skip putting 50-60 points past a hapless Sheffield team, admission is £10 adults and free for juniors...

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2021/09/14/liam-finn-to-call-time-on-career/

Miss (hopefully) putting  50-60  points against Sheffield? No chance seen some bad defeats against them lol. But it would have been nice to have been able to attend ESPECIALLY for a tenner!

8 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Liam was a fine player who gave excellent service to Rovers. Hardly ever got injured and we will never forget his goal kicking record. What a bad decision by Bastian to get shut then see him go to Cas and play in the Cup Final for them.

The least said about him the better

Liam not good enough for us but good enough to play over 100 SL games 

You couldn't make it up if you tried🤣

You might not be interested but thought I'd share this.

14-14 with 5 minutes to go, Rams set up a drop goal, Finny in the pocket, the whole crowd plus the Oldham team expect him to go for the drop goal. Rams play the ball, pass goes to Finny.

Oldham race out to him, Finny calmly passes to Sykes who slots the drop goal with ease. They'd obviously planned it.

Finny still out-thinking the opposition after 19 years. Always was a smart player.

How bad were Sheffield?  Enjoy your trip to Toulouse and good luck.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

You might not be interested but thought I'd share this.

14-14 with 5 minutes to go, Rams set up a drop goal, Finny in the pocket, the whole crowd plus the Oldham team expect him to go for the drop goal. Rams play the ball, pass goes to Finny.

Oldham race out to him, Finny calmly passes to Sykes who slots the drop goal with ease. They'd obviously planned it.

Finny still out-thinking the opposition after 19 years. Always was a smart player.

How bad were Sheffield?  Enjoy your trip to Toulouse and good luck.

Class player and I felt as upset when he left as I did when Foxy moved on. He's up there with the best. 

15 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Class player and I felt as upset when he left as I did when Foxy moved on. He's up there with the best. 

All the good uns leave us eventually and who can blame them.Tuuta even went to Cas and did we forgive him,yes because when he played for us he was Fev to the core.Played every game as if it was his last it's the money that gets them in the end but it's a short career so good luck to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived