A third French team to join the league structure?

The Daddy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why is there so much hate for Mick Gledhill on this forum? Ok he may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it seems a bit out of proportion? 

I don't see any hate just incredulity in regard to anyone still taking him seriously - I'm struggling to think of any 'exclusive' he's announced that has actually come to fruition. Also his lager fuelled 4 letter word fouled mouth rant against several members of the RFL management a couple of years ago should have seen him barred from acting in any 'official' capacity with regard to the sport of RL for some time. There are reasons why he's not on here or RLFans and has been booted off twitter (I believe) more than once. 

perhaps to bring another french team into the system, would be for Elite 1 to be on par with league 1 & play-offs between them for promotion to championship. 1 v 1 for 1st promotion place, 2v 2 winner to play 1 v 1 loser for 2nd promotion place. so if good enough you get in, if not always next year! 

6 hours ago, kev p said:

perhaps to bring another french team into the system, would be for Elite 1 to be on par with league 1 & play-offs between them for promotion to championship. 1 v 1 for 1st promotion place, 2v 2 winner to play 1 v 1 loser for 2nd promotion place. so if good enough you get in, if not always next year! 

Do you think elite 1 is below league one standard then? 

15 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

If we are doing this lets just make Elite 1 and Champ same level of pyramid,  promotion spot for both.  

No more travel for part time teams, Elite 1 will be strengthened every year and French clubs dont burn through cash on flights that should be for junior coaching. 

So each year the best elite 1 team would be promoted to SL? What about relegation, would you relegate the worst English and French teams? 

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If we are doing this lets just make Elite 1 and Champ same level of pyramid,  promotion spot for both.  

No more travel for part time teams, Elite 1 will be strengthened every year and French clubs dont burn through cash on flights that should be for junior coaching. 

I'd align Elite 1 and League 1 with p and r to the Championship 

Joining what RFL structure? League 1 will not exist if planned cuts go ahead. This pie in the sky stuff is for the birds. I have been an RL fan for 60 plus years and can see little future ahead. I doubt my team, London Skolars, will even make the starting line next year. Forgive my pessimism but RL in London at a pro level looks like a dying carcass after this season. 

Archived