Match Thread: Championship Round 22, Featherstone Rovers v Sheffield Sunday-19th-September-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After that laugh of their first NO try . We woke up and blitzed them. Usually with 30+ up at half time we put the cue on the rack, not today.We just destroyed them after the break. and we never even saw Senior .

Hopefully no injuries but no show Springer after the break and Brown went off with a muscle problem but 2 weeks to the play-offs hope all is well. Well done Bussey ran hard tackled well and lasted 80 mins all we could ask.

Thought Halton and Brown until he went off set the platform in the first half.Hall should have had another goal as it was a yard inside the far post and touch judge gave no goal.Think we had a bit left in the tank against a poor Sheffield team.Hall,Gale and Bussey showed up well in the second half some of the passing along the backs was quick and decisive.Looks like the only team we can't play in the play offs is Whitehaven if they beat Fax.If Fax win we play them if Fax lose we play the winners of Batley or Bradford.

30 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Really enjoyed watching Bussey play today.  I thought Welhams centre play was superb today. 

I was well impressed with Welhams centre play today as well. Some very crisp passing. Ferres Welham and Hall gelled well. Ferres tried his best to get Hall is sixth try but found himself over the try line before he could pass it and had to put the ball down😄Halton had his best match in a Rovers shirt. Pity he is on his way.

36 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Thought Halton and Brown until he went off set the platform in the first half.Hall should have had another goal as it was a yard inside the far post and touch judge gave no goal.Think we had a bit left in the tank against a poor Sheffield team.Hall,Gale and Bussey showed up well in the second half some of the passing along the backs was quick and decisive.Looks like the only team we can't play in the play offs is Whitehaven if they beat Fax.If Fax win we play them if Fax lose we play the winners of Batley or Bradford.

Whitehaven do look quite dangerous, so not such a bad thing that we won't be playing them.

Still a thorn in our side right up to his last minute playing quite apt that Worrincy got the final try .Over the years he has scored a few against us and always seemed to play well .Very proud of our supporters giving him a fine round of applause at the end he has been a credit to the Championship.Early in the season i said that i didn't think Halton was more than a squad player in SL..Well Mr big head got it wrong .The way Frankie has finished the season he should have no problem at all stepping up.

45 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Still a thorn in our side right up to his last minute playing quite apt that Worrincy got the final try .Over the years he has scored a few against us and always seemed to play well .Very proud of our supporters giving him a fine round of applause at the end he has been a credit to the Championship.Early in the season i said that i didn't think Halton was more than a squad player in SL..Well Mr big head got it wrong .The way Frankie has finished the season he should have no problem at all stepping up.

I agree with you on Worrincey - he had a go for a couple of his trademark interceptions but didn’t come off today. Great player who has been a thorn in our side on many occasions. Always happy to applaud anyone that steps onto a rugby field for our entertainment week in week out - hope he has a good retirement 👏

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Whitehaven do look quite dangerous, so not such a bad thing that we won't be playing them.

They have more momentum than anyone else outside the top two. I would be more fearful about playing them than anyone else in the semi. 

Fev v Haven in the final at Post Office Road anyone? Stranger things have happened.

33 minutes ago, Squidward said:

They have more momentum than anyone else outside the top two. I would be more fearful about playing them than anyone else in the semi. 

Fev v Haven in the final at Post Office Road anyone? Stranger things have happened.

Yes please and if we got beat I think I would walk away smiling ☺ 

37 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Can’t happen unfortunately if Haven get through they will have to play Toulouse as they are the lowest placed side. Maybe in the final would be nice 

31 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Can’t happen unfortunately if Haven get through they will have to play Toulouse as they are the lowest placed side. Maybe in the final would be nice 

I think that's what people are thinking .Haven turn over Toulouse and if we beat Batley or Bradford the Final is at Fev and there would be no complaints from me if they turned us over in the  Final.Haven would have earned it on the field which is how it should be.

1 hour ago, mightyship said:

I agree with you on Worrincey - he had a go for a couple of his trademark interceptions but didn’t come off today. Great player who has been a thorn in our side on many occasions. Always happy to applaud anyone that steps onto a rugby field for our entertainment week in week out - hope he has a good retirement 👏

Well he destroyed Blackmore's season (probably career at Rovers as well) 

Great player ? Thorn in our side ? I just remember him as a comedy ball juggler.

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Great player ? Thorn in our side ? I just remember him as a comedy ball juggler.

Bet you couldn't catch him!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Every time we have scored 70+ points before yesterday.....

Castleford Lock Lane H 96 0 W 8 February 2004
The Army H 94 2 W 8 March 2009
York Wasps H 92 2 W 17 June 2001
Toulouse Olympique H 90 10 W 3 July 2011
Keighley H 86 18 W 17 September 1989
The Army H 86 0 W 5 March 2011
Hunslet Old Boys H 86 12 W 25 March 2012
Swinton Lions H 86 12 W 12 August 2012
Rochdale Hornets H 80 4 W 1 July 2018
Bramley H 78 0 W 18 April 1993
Keighley Cougars H 76 12 W 22 April 2010
Thatto Heath Crusaders H 76 6 W 7 April 2013
Barrow Raiders H 74 22 W 21 August 2005
Gateshead Thunder A 74 16 W 20 May 2007
Workington Town H 74 0 W 7 March 2010
Barrow Raiders H 72 20 W 22 August 2010
Workington Town H 72 0 W 3 May 2015
York Wasps H 70 12 W 17 August 1997
Thornhill H 70 6 W 31 January 1999
Blackpool Panthers H 70 24 W 29 April 2007

I'm going to put one out here, hopefully for Mark LasPalmas to confirm or otherwise...(or anyone else who knows)

A brief check suggests that our average league points scored of 44.9 points per game this season is not only the highest average of any Championship team that has played more than 20 games in a season...I think it might also be the highest average points per league game in our illustrious history?

Over to you MLP...

Archived