Sat 18-Sun 19 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Play-offs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FearNothing said:

Oh well, there's always next week... Better side won tonight, but should have been closer on the scoreboard. We looked poor on last tackle plays tonight, especially when chasing the game......stroll on tomorrow to see who we've got to play next.

Yes, can't complain about the result, I said last week that we looked out of sorts and the same applied today. Pity because there was a great atmosphere with a big crowd swelled by a stonking good turnout by Keighley. Never mind, there's always next week.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

What's the Crusaders' new home like as a venue?

It's really nice 🙂 not massive, but clean, tidy and reasonably comfy seats!! Somewhere between the Racecourse and Queensway, more towards the Racecourse. There's a bar, a refreshments kiosk, and it's in a nice seaside town 😉

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

It's really nice 🙂 not massive, but clean, tidy and reasonably comfy seats!! Somewhere between the Racecourse and Queensway, more towards the Racecourse. There's a bar, a refreshments kiosk, and it's in a nice seaside town 😉

Looks like, come next Summer, you could hit the beach before the game without too much of a walk.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

It will be a Keighley and NWC final at Cougar Park. 

possibly....we'll see. It's typical, we have a good year but they've always been a bit of a jinx team for us, especially at their place. We need to get right to beat whoever wins today first...

Well player Cougars. Crusaders had the momentum and at 14 all I thought if we scored next we would have won but the penalty to give Cougars the 14-16 lead changed the game and momentum swung back to Cougars. Very disappointed to lose but on reflection this morning Cougars were worthy winners.

An absolutely fantastic atmosphere in Zip World created by two fabulous sets of fans. The Cru fans just wouldn't be out-sang by the travelling Cougars fans at the end of the game.

Good luck to Cougars in your game against Workington next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yep, won 31-10. The winner goes to the loser of the Worky - Keighley tie, Keighley going above us because of yesterday's result (just looked it up on the RFL website).

yup, I posted the diagram t'other day on another thread (last week's L1 match thread).... it's not the easiest structure to follow logically....oh, wait....it's the RFL !! 😄

23 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Well done to Donny for the win but I think you will be OK, Donny have lost some players today and Baharell looked busted up. You have the edge next week I think. 

I disagree. We lost Zac Braham today. Matty battled through but finished the match. Boyle, Peltier and Johnston should also be back next week. I'd be concerned if I were Crusaders. 68 0

1 hour ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Well done to Donny for the win but I think you will be OK, Donny have lost some players today and Baharell looked busted up. You have the edge next week I think. 

You would have to run him over with a truck to bust him up. He will be ok for next weekend.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

27 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

You would have to run him over with a truck to bust him up. He will be ok for next weekend.

Absolutely. The man is a legend. Talisman for this club

Crusaders should be worried. Today was easy. A Dons side with 13 men would have strolled past Keighley. 

11 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

I didn't Paul but it saw it later. Also great to see Watson in the post match celebrations without his crutches. God I love this club. 

Said that today Rob, what might have been with Watson and Jordie fit. Both can play anywhere on the park and automatic slot ins at half back.  Whatever happens now the pride is back.  I was a big critic during the non disclosed problem time and its good to eat a massive piece of humble pie.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

Doesn't matter. We play the hand we're given. Watson, Jordie, Wilkinson, Misi. All those lads would make a difference. I'm proud of them regardless. Under difficult circumstances they have given us something to really enjoy these last few weeks and I can honestly say I love the lot of them!

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Are we in the play offs ? Geez i’d forgot 

And good luck to you at Worky for that encounter with Keighley, fight fire with fire. They will come at you hard.

Archived