Sat 18-Sun 19 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Play-offs

1 hour ago, Moonshine said:

And good luck to you at Worky for that encounter with Keighley, fight fire with fire. They will come at you hard.

Hopefully we won’t get the ref that NWC got , who allowed Keighley to slow the game down to their level and didn’t allow NWC to get any momentum. I lost count of the number of times that Scott Murrell walked the ball over to the play the ball point, taking ages to do so. Keighley even seemed to be afflicted with the Carl Forster disease where he goes down as if shot whenever his side is under pressure near his own line in defence, to halt the game. God help us if it’s Crashley!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Moonshine said:

You would have to run him over with a truck to bust him up. He will be ok for next weekend.

It will be a good game no doubt but having watched both games I think NWC will be a bit too strong on the day, they seemed fitter and are almost at full strength, I thought Hunslet were the poorer of the 4 teams on the park this weekend. 

9 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Hopefully we won’t get the ref that NWC got , who allowed Keighley to slow the game down to their level and didn’t allow NWC to get any momentum. I lost count of the number of times that Scott Murrell walked the ball over to the play the ball point, taking ages to do so. Keighley even seemed to be afflicted with the Carl Forster disease where he goes down as if shot whenever his side is under pressure near his own line in defence, to halt the game. God help us if it’s Crashley!

Wow! Yet the NWC followers didn't state anything similar.

Keighley Cougars took a commanding lead at the start.Points win games;not stoppages.

The only pressure came when Keighley were down to 12 men.Why would Keighley attempt to slow the game down while in possession?

They finished the stronger with 2 tries and kicked towards Massam and ran fairly briskly to prevent him getting in his stride,for a good portion of the game.

However,many of the games this year have been stop - start.This last one at Colwyn Bay wasn't too bad.I thought the referee was very good.Silly me.

Could you name the Keighley players who appeared shot,please? I shall endeavour to make enquiries on their welfare - I am worried about them.

I don't think Scott Murrell is renowned for his pace,but,hasn't he done remarkably well to lose the weight he carried during his Halifax days,during the first Lockdown? 

I shall attempt to take some positives.I thought it was just miserable weather at Colwyn Bay on Saturday night...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Wow! Yet the NWC followers didn't state anything similar.

Keighley Cougars took a commanding lead at the start.Points win games;not stoppages.

The only pressure came when Keighley were down to 12 men.Why would Keighley attempt to slow the game down while in possession?

They finished the stronger with 2 tries and kicked towards Massam and ran fairly briskly to prevent him getting in his stride,for a good portion of the game.

However,many of the games this year have been stop - start.This last one at Colwyn Bay wasn't too bad.I thought the referee was very good.Silly me.

Could you name the Keighley players who appeared shot,please? I shall endeavour to make enquiries on their welfare - I am worried about them.

I don't think Scott Murrell is renowned for his pace,but,hasn't he done remarkably well to lose the weight he carried during his Halifax days,during the first Lockdown? 

I shall attempt to take some positives.I thought it was just miserable weather at Colwyn Bay on Saturday night...

Theres very little point in complaining about the ref but I did think he made some odd decisions in the first half - he particularly hammered us on the "6 agains" but not Keighley. And I wasn't convinced there was downward pressure for your second try.

Agree you tie Rob Massam up with some good kicking.

Disagree that the "only pressure" was when you were down to 12. I thought it was much closer and Santi two tries were the difference between the two  teams.

Murrell is an excellent kicker and controls the game really well; hes done that twice against us.

Good luck against Workington - we could meet at your place for the Grand Final!

5 hours ago, gogledd said:

Theres very little point in complaining about the ref but I did think he made some odd decisions in the first half - he particularly hammered us on the "6 agains" but not Keighley. And I wasn't convinced there was downward pressure for your second try.

Agree you tie Rob Massam up with some good kicking.

Disagree that the "only pressure" was when you were down to 12. I thought it was much closer and Santi two tries were the difference between the two  teams.

Murrell is an excellent kicker and controls the game really well; hes done that twice against us.

Good luck against Workington - we could meet at your place for the Grand Final!

I agree,sorry,obviously Crusaders did apply pressure,but not to the amount when Keighley were down to 12.

I can think of no better supporters to be welcomed to Cougar Park for the Grand Final.

Superb vociferous support to rally your players once the final hooter sounded.

You were well applauded by Keighley players and staff.I think they heard you!

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived