Sat 18-Sun 19 Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

20 hours ago, kiggy said:

It is interesting to note the highest scorers in the league. TO have scored over 100 hundred tries, but apart from Killer no one else is in the top ten, and he is only there as the main kicker (we will gloss over Gigot's attempts). This goes to show that anyone can score from any position. They don't seem to be reliant on a single super-player

But doesn't most things run through Jonathon Ford? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

But doesn't most things run through Jonathon Ford? 

Mostly yes I agree with that. However,  i was alluding to scorers rather then play makers. Mind you Johno has been scoring a few this year too.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Whitehaven going into the playoffs as the form team - could they do the unimaginable?

As a Town fan it pains me to say this but Whitehaven are surely team of the year if they make the playoffs when most would have had them favourites for relegation at the start of the season.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Last game for London as we know them losing heavily to York... This is the end even if they put a Part time squad out next year they are not  going to attract fans losing every week with a squad which will be significantly weaker than what they have now.   And what they have now is losing 30-6 to york.

Thanks for the memories, but London are done :(....  

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think it needs to be more than 14 to bypass Halifax, though I'm not 100% sure!

I think it would be 14 if it were simply points difference, but points difference % greatly favours Fax as Batley have conceded a lot more points. I reckon Batley need to win by more than 20 to overtake them.

2 minutes ago, crashmon said:

they are not  going to attract fans losing every week with a squad which will be significantly weaker than what they have now. 

They're not attracting fans now - 200 people at some games.

23 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

After watching a performance like that and seeing them lift that shield it would seem so wrong if they weren't able to make it to SL now, at least to me it would anyway but they are the rules of the competition. . 

Featherstone 78 Sheffield 10. After a performance like that and seeing them lose just 1 league game all season and also lift the 1895 Cup it would seem so wrong if they weren't able to make it to SL now, at least to me it would anyway, but they are the rules of the competition...😉 😃

Featherstone 78 Sheffield 10. After a performance like that and seeing them lose just 1 league game all season and also lift the 1895 Cup it would seem so wrong if they weren't able to make it to SL now, at least to me it would anyway, but they are the rules of the competition...😉 😃

There's another team that hasn't lost a game all season, in spite of having to play every game away from home (and they scored 80+ yesterday).

I have just thrown a gauntlet on the floor. Toulouse v Featherstone play-off final. What a game that is going to be. 

...unless Whitehaven have anything to say about it of course! 😁

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

There's another team that hasn't lost a game all season, in spite of having to play every game away from home (and they scored 80+ yesterday).

AYE two good wins

TO 15 tries 11 goals

FEV 15 tries 9 goals 

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I have just thrown a gauntlet on the floor. Toulouse v Featherstone play-off final. What a game that is going to be. 

It’s a bit of an uneven contest in the sense that you’ve got one team who have played just 14 matches and one who have played 28 this season. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived