Sat 18-Sun 19 Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought. If a team comes to Toulouse for the Semi-Final and wins, on their return to the UK, if the players have not been fully vaccinated, they will have to (still) self-isolate for 10 days. Will be a rubbish final if they have to dig deep and find some academy players to step up, or have to forfeit completely if they can't field a team. 

6 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Serious about rugby league reported Wigan, I've heard rumours of Fev, Halifax and even Widnes. 

My mate asked him at the JJP Testamonial do on Friday, but he wasn't telling. 

He's been outstanding all season, whether on the wing or the few games he played at fullback 

Out of interest, why would he be going to Halifax, as their fans seem to think.

No disrespect intended, but it seems like more of a sideways move really. Given that apparently Wigan and Hull have been sniffing, I would have thought he could do better?

25 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

No disrespect intended, but it seems like more of a sideways move really. Given that apparently Wigan and Hull have been sniffing, I would have thought he could do better?

Its an interesting point as it seems a top SL club wanted to send him on loan his first season with them. It seems he does not want to be messed about and to be fair probably will earn more money playing part time and been part of a community programme than he would taking up a SL contract. I guess he is backing his own ability as if he produces again next season near the top of the Championship then there will not be a shortage of more realistic SL offers. Either way I can't wait for next season where we can hopefully put together a more realistic challenge than we have this year.

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

On the face of it it would look that way. Thinking about it a bit more, I think at the start of the season most people would have put Halifax in the top 4 whereas nobody would have had us in the play offs - I thought we'd avoid relegation but never thought we'd make top 6.

Halifax will probably repeat their performance next season, whether we will, will most likely be determined by how many of the squad we can keep together. Walmsley has not hidden the fact that he came here to try and get into Superleague, maybe he sees Halifax as a bigger shop window to get exactly what he wants. That said, I'd love Whitehaven to be his shop window again next season.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Interesting stat from FEV's 78-10 win on  21 minutes eagles were winning 6-4

FEV scored 15 tries but the biggest cheer was for Rob Worrincy when he scored in his last ever game in the 83rd minute THERE would have been an even bigger cheer if another retiree Scot Weeldon had converted

1 hour ago, POR said:

Interesting stat from FEV's 78-10 win on  21 minutes eagles were winning 6-4

FEV scored 15 tries but the biggest cheer was for Rob Worrincy when he scored in his last ever game in the 83rd minute THERE would have been an even bigger cheer if another retiree Scot Weeldon had converted

I do love a Rob Worrincy try against Fev. 😀

16 hours ago, kiggy said:

Just a thought. If a team comes to Toulouse for the Semi-Final and wins, on their return to the UK, if the players have not been fully vaccinated, they will have to (still) self-isolate for 10 days. Will be a rubbish final if they have to dig deep and find some academy players to step up, or have to forfeit completely if they can't field a team. 

They won't even get into France if they're not fully jabbed. You need permission to enter if not jabbed and since this level is not "elite" I doubt they'd get in.

8 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

They won't even get into France if they're not fully jabbed. You need permission to enter if not jabbed and since this level is not "elite" I doubt they'd get in.

The UK is an amber list country for france so people who are not fully vaccinated  can travel to france but you have to get

a completed International Travel Certificate to confirm their essential reason for travel.

a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight,

present evidence of a negative test (PCR or antigen) taken within 24 hours of departure

mere mortals like you and me would have to self-isolate for 7 days after arrival, but sports are exempt 

Just now, POR said:

The UK is an amber list country for france so people who are not fully vaccinated  can travel to france but you have to get

a completed International Travel Certificate to confirm their essential reason for travel.

a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight,

present evidence of a negative test (PCR or antigen) taken within 24 hours of departure

mere mortals like you and me would have to self-isolate for 7 days after arrival, but sports are exempt 

Is that all sports? As semi pro, I'd assume that we're not classed as "elite" and wouldn't qualify.

On 21/09/2021 at 13:28, POR said:

For unvaccinated players it will be OK as they are classed as Elite and have an essential reason to travel.

For fans, only the vaccinated ones can come over, unvaccinated fans won't have an essential reason to travel..."watching a Rugby game" is not on the list of valid reasons. (link is below)

Getting into France from the UK

For vaccinated fans, you just need you COVID pass and a déclaration sur l’honneur. The COVID pass is also required for entry to the stadium. 

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

For unvaccinated players it will be OK as they are classed as Elite and have an essential reason to travel.

For fans, only the vaccinated ones can come over, unvaccinated fans won't have an essential reason to travel..."watching a Rugby game" is not on the list of valid reasons. (link is below)

Getting into France from the UK

For vaccinated fans, you just need you COVID pass and a déclaration sur l’honneur. The COVID pass is also required for entry to the stadium. 

Classed as elite in France or over here? I don't think Championship is classed as elite and that was one of a few of the reasons why Leigh didn't get their full funding for SL as Championship teams had access to more grants etc as they didn't go down the elite route.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Classed as elite in France or over here? I don't think Championship is classed as elite and that was one of a few of the reasons why Leigh didn't get their full funding for SL as Championship teams had access to more grants etc as they didn't go down the elite route.

In France.  It was the reason TO could travel to and from the UK, they were classed as Elite.  The French can't then deny a UK team travelling into France in the same competition. Travelling back to the UK is down to the UK Govt and what restrictions they currently have in place

Archived