Sun 19 Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 14:30

2 hours ago, meast said:

As for the game, an absolute dead rubber, Leigh will want to finish the season off with another win, Giants will want to avoid that.

I expect us to win but then again I wouldn't be surprised if Leigh win, to be honest I don't really care 😅

Off the two of us you should be the more dissapointed with how the season has panned out, I am on record as saying I did not expect Leigh to win a game in SL so having two wins (up to date😎) is beyond my expectations, on the other hand with the much lauded arrival of Mr Watson and a positive recruitment programme coupled with some exiting young lads coming through, finishing outside of the play offs must be somewhat disheartening.

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Off the two of us you should be the more dissapointed with how the season has panned out, I am on record as saying I did not expect Leigh to win a game in SL so having two wins (up to date😎) is beyond my expectations, on the other hand with the much lauded arrival of Mr Watson and a positive recruitment programme coupled with some exiting young lads coming through, finishing outside of the play offs must be somewhat disheartening.

Far from disheartened, I'm not a kneejerking fan based on games won and lost, I didn't have any expectations for the season.

I understand that the game is more than just winning, Watson has been given a 3 year rebuilding process, I can see some excellent signs of that happening, and having spoke to him recently I am more than confident that he, rather than the fans, knows what he wants and what he's doing.

I'm also sensible enough to know that we haven't had anything like our best team available at any stage of the year, yet, unlike most other clubs, we can't seem to be able to use the depleted line 🙂

So, no, not disheartened at all, in fact I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the team, not individuals, but the team shapes up for next year.

5 hours ago, meast said:

Far from disheartened, I'm not a kneejerking fan based on games won and lost, I didn't have any expectations for the season.

I understand that the game is more than just winning, Watson has been given a 3 year rebuilding process, I can see some excellent signs of that happening, and having spoke to him recently I am more than confident that he, rather than the fans knows what he wants and what he's doing.

I'm also sensible enough to know that we haven't had anything like our best team available at any stage of the year, yet, unlike most other clubs, we can't seem to be able to use the depleted line 🙂

So, no, not disheartened at all, in fact I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the team, not individuals, but the team shapes up for next year.

This. 

Pundits, especially on Sky, are best listened to on mute. 

This season was always an obvious rebuild job (and once again we lost so many games by a score). 

There is a new character emerging in the team, even in the losses, despite or maybe because of, the horrific injury list that hit us this season 

7 minutes ago, Ant said:

This. 

Pundits, especially on Sky, are best listened to on mute. 

This season was always an obvious rebuild job (and once again we lost so many games by a score). 

There is a new character emerging in the team, even in the losses, despite or maybe because of, the horrific injury list that hit us this season 

We didn't help ourselves at the start of the season by bigging ourselves up a bit, that's fine, we're not exactly going to talk down our chances are we?

But as Watto alluded to on our recent chat, there were some things within the group that they didn't pick up on until they had got started on the job.

Presumably, those issues have or are in the process of being sorted, enabling him, Robbo, GB, and whoever wants to go with them to get on with the job now without bad eggs ruining it?

4 hours ago, meast said:

We didn't help ourselves at the start of the season by bigging ourselves up a bit, that's fine, we're not exactly going to talk down our chances are we?

But as Watto alluded to on our recent chat, there were some things within the group that they didn't pick up on until they had got started on the job.

Presumably, those issues have or are in the process of being sorted, enabling him, Robbo, GB, and whoever wants to go with them to get on with the job now without bad eggs ruining it?

Comments about some players not taking coaching and playing for themselves were very telling, and in hindsight you can see it in some players performances in the last couple of years 

Next season though, no hiding

Agree with everything @measthas said. IW himself said he wasn't bothered about competition points this year but more with how the players reacted to his methods and what he expected, Sam Wood apart not one of the players who are leaving  were committed enough to stick around and do the hard work.

Anyway, we should win this but we should have won a lot of games this year, i presume Leigh will be depleted if we do win but brave if they lose? 😀

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Agree with everything @measthas said. IW himself said he wasn't bothered about competition points this year but more with how the players reacted to his methods and what he expected, Sam Wood apart not one of the players who are leaving  were committed enough to stick around and do the hard work.

Anyway, we should win this but we should have won a lot of games this year, i presume Leigh will be depleted if we do win but brave if they lose? 😀

We are usually depleted win or lose 😉

Archived