Sun 19 Sept: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/21 at 14:30

Hudds 22 Leigh 12 early doors 2nd arf.

Sounds like James Bell is having a bit of a game according to my pal who's at the game.

Hudds try by Senior, BBC Radio Manc commentary team reckon it was offside.

26-12 now.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Moves on to 32-12.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Leigh sneak over on the corner after a Brierley kick through.

32-16.

20 mins left.

Will Pryce is introduced and immediately goes 50m to score.

38-16.

Leigh in again...sounds like a bloody tennis match.

38-20.

Jack Ashworth having a mare, been in the bin (twice maybe?) and made crucial errors under his own posts leading to at least two Hudds tries.

Now 42-20 after the latest error.

42-24 full tarm.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Hudds 22 Leigh 12 early doors 2nd arf.

Sounds like James Bell is having a bit of a game according to my pal who's at the game.

Hudds try by Senior, BBC Radio Manc commentary team reckon it was offside.

26-12 now.

Mate of mine couldn't make the game today, turned Radio Manc off because it was patently so insane. As he said "Twitter was better. Let that sink in, twitter was better than Radio Manc"

Giants never really looked like they had to get our of 3rd today, and typically we're mostly very good but just switched off to let Leigh score, one eye on Mad Monday I'm sure.

But you can see the changes Watto has wrought, and with the new additions and a full preseason it could be a good season ahead.

Ollie Russel has had a stack of game time this season and is absolutely looking the business at 7 for us and with Will Pryce in the mix we have some superb talent in the halves.

Bring on 2022!

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

Mate of mine couldn't make the game today, turned Radio Manc off because it was patently so insane. As he said "Twitter was better. Let that sink in, twitter was better than Radio Manc"

Giants never really looked like they had to get our of 3rd today, and typically we're mostly very good but just switched off to let Leigh score, one eye on Mad Monday I'm sure.

But you can see the changes Watto has wrought, and with the new additions and a full preseason it could be a good season ahead.

Ollie Russel has had a stack of game time this season and is absolutely looking the business at 7 for us and with Will Pryce in the mix we have some superb talent in the halves.

Bring on 2022!

Bless, Leigh never got out of 3rd gear either. #Underachievers  🤪

50 minutes ago, Ant said:

Your point being? One team won in cruise control. The other had 40 points put on them.

To call Leigh under-achievers is harsh on underachievement 

Bless, congratulations on your 9th place finish with your expensively assembled squad. #mustdobetter  🙄

A nothing game between 2 nothing teams and one i said would be you score we score and i was more or less right.

Massive game again from Olly Russell who is now starting to look like the player most of our fans said he would never be, another superb game from him, Josh Jones is an absolute beast and as someone asked does he bounce of EVERY 1st tackle? well yes he usually does.

Will did what Will does - ripped another hole in another defence despite been only on the field 2 minutes.

Big shout outs to the Huddersfield legends triangle of Bruno, Jerry and Leroy, still pretty much the glue in our side even after 12/13 years.

Leigh were poor but worked out we were poor down our left and took advantage a few times.

A win yes but my biggest joy was it was the last game of the season and we can get back to a proper one(hopefully) next year.

46 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Bless, congratulations on your 9th place finish with your expensively assembled squad. #mustdobetter  🙄

Ironically the expense was mainly sat in the stands injured or disinterested for most of the season, it was the kids and the back up players who stood up for us this year.

2 hours ago, Ant said:

BBC Radio Manc commentators were Trevor Hunt and Jack Dearden and they came out with this halfway through the second half...

Jack Dearden : "Jack Ashworth has just knocked on under his own posts, that's his second bad error, his first earlier on this half was when Leigh's problems started"

Trevor Hunt : "Leigh's problems started in March, Jack."

It was a nothing of a game, somewhat entertaining due to the lack of any kind of jeopardy, both teams made errors allowing the other to take advantage.

Both teams played some decent stuff at times and scored some tries, Will Pryce's was a thing of beauty, he'd be getting talked up of getting the England team built around him if he played for any of the darlings.

Ultimately even in 2nd or 3rd gear we were just too good for Leigh.

But like Daz, I'm just glad it's over now and we can hopefully look forward to a proper, hopefully more entertaining and free flowing season next year.

15 hours ago, Ant said:

one eye on Mad Monday I'm sure.

I hear they have changed it to Dissapointed Monday at the Giants after a season of so much expectation, new coach, expensive squad, good young talent but still jointly in the bottom 3 on win %, Leigh did far better than expected and won 2 games even though they were against the 11th and 12th placed teams, I know only to well of all the pitfalls of Leigh Centurions and supporting them nothing to come back here with Ant, only an admittance of yes we should have done do much better than we have.

16 hours ago, Ant said:

Bring on 2022!

I very rarely listen to the RL on BBC Radio Manchester now, it’s Dearden who puts me off. 

Archived