Fri 17 Sept: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, not a dangerous tackle.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, bratman said:

Went beyond horizontal.

I don't enjoy this refereeing by numbers stuff. Not the refs' fault, but there are times when tackles are dangerous and other times where they are clearly not. Like that one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

What nonsense, the ref telling a player to do a voluntary tackle so he doesn't have to penalise him. 

It's a terrible look. It's crossing, just penalise him like we did for a hundred and odd years. This isn't an improvement. 

3 minutes ago, bratman said:

You mean refereeing by the rules 😄

The rules state: "Dangerous throw (d) If, in any tackle of, or contact with, an opponent that player is so lifted that he is placed in a position where it is likely that the first part of his body to make contact with the ground will be his head or neck (“the dangerous position”), then that tackle or contact will be deemed to be a dangerous throw unless, with the exercise of reasonable care, the dangerous position could not have been avoided."

Quite a bit of room within that for a case when someone flicks a players leg, the players jumps into the air and lands on the ball, as we saw there.

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What nonsense, the ref telling a player to do a voluntary tackle so he doesn't have to penalise him. 

It's a terrible look. It's crossing, just penalise him like we did for a hundred and odd years. This isn't an improvement. 

Agreed 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The rules state: "Dangerous throw (d) If, in any tackle of, or contact with, an opponent that player is so lifted that he is placed in a position where it is likely that the first part of his body to make contact with the ground will be his head or neck (“the dangerous position”), then that tackle or contact will be deemed to be a dangerous throw unless, with the exercise of reasonable care, the dangerous position could not have been avoided."

Quite a bit of room within that for a case when someone flicks a players leg, the players jumps into the air and lands on the ball, as we saw there.

I think you're watching a different game 😄

I don't have a lot of faith in the HIA thing. Litten was clearly dazed there, should be checked properly.

In the final round of the regular season, Terry O'connor has just beaten his previous best number for the year by saying "little tip on play" 675,543 times.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

44 kicks out of hand in the first 34 minutes of the Bristol v Saracens match tonight with no 50/20s!!

First half, kicked away possession 49 times! No tries of course, 3 random penalties to each side. Scrums a complete farce, (either resets, penalties or a total collapse)and zero entertainment in a sterile game. These are the top club sides in Union, it's truly awful so far! I'm at a relatives house, so have to suffer in silence.

2 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Why have Sky for a Leeds fan in the studio? Isn’t having 2 of them in the commentary teal enough?

He's not just a Leeds fan. If you'd paid any attention at all, he's the captain of the Rhinos' Wheelchair RL side, who are going for the treble on Sky TV this weekend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I can’t think of anything i care less about, what’s it got to do with this game.

The trolling on the game threads is getting tiresome 

Context. The poor bloke's stuck watching kick'n'clap at someone else's house and was pointing out to all the whingers on this thread that they could be watching an immeasurably worse sporting occasion. 

Of course, you could have figured that out by reading his posts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived