Fri 17 Sept: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bratman said:

Why are people watching Union? Worse still, why you posting on here?!

It’s a free world. I only turned over while the Leeds conversion was taking place and heard the commentator mentioning the kickfest. I am fed up of people denigrating our great game and was just emphasising how boring the other code is. They couldn’t even bring themselves to copy our 40/20 completely!!

25 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

First half, kicked away possession 49 times! No tries of course, 3 random penalties to each side. Scrums a complete farce, (either resets, penalties or a total collapse)and zero entertainment in a sterile game. These are the top club sides in Union, it's truly awful so far! I'm at a relatives house, so have to suffer in silence.

By the way, Leigh fan for 50 years. What’s your attachment to our great game?

2 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

It’s a free world. I only turned over while the Leeds conversion was taking place and heard the commentator mentioning the kickfest. I am fed up of people denigrating our great game and was just emphasising how boring the other code is. They couldn’t even bring themselves to copy our 40/20 completely!!

FYI this is a Rugby League forum 😉

40 minutes ago, bratman said:

Why are people watching Union? Worse still, why you posting on here?!

I'm captive in a relatives house, where Union is on the screen at the behest of the owner, and pointing out the contrast. It's truly mind numbing (10 penalties, no tries) how little open play there is and how much kicking. A billionaire owns Bristol and a guy worth hundreds of millions owns Saracens, they have populated their sides with expensive imports yet the entertainment value is slightly above zero.

Anyway, who are you to determine who posts? 

2 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

I'm captive in a relatives house, where Union is on the screen at the behest of the owner, and pointing out the contrast. It's truly mind numbing (10 penalties, no tries) how little open play there is and how much kicking. A billionaire owns Bristol and a guy worth hundreds of millions owns Saracens, they have populated their sides with expensive imports yet the entertainment value is slightly above zero.

There is a cross code section,maybe take it there where someone might be interested.

21 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Bit of a rout now which is a shame,thought we were going to get a real entertaining battle tonight.

I thought this would be an enjoyable contest too. Still, some bits of good play from both sides, especially in the first half.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why tf are they doing the interviews under a speaker? That was ludicrous.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

41 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

So just like the premier league then?

Congratulations to Leeds better team on the night.

Not much went right for Rovers especially on the injury front and running out of subs. Next week looks like torture with even more injured players but we'll give it another go.

Leeds had 2 or 3 players back tonight it did make a difference and if they get 2 or 3 more they can progress further.

8 hours ago, Josef K said:

Ben crooks has got some top howlers in him. 

I almost felt sorry for him, well, okay then, maybe I didn't.

Not a scoreline many would have predicted although Leeds played well, Rovers not so. 

Thought Abdull struggled at times but he's missed a few weeks so that could be why.

Be a big ask for our East Hull friends next Friday at Wire but if they chuck the ball about then they might give themselves a chance, I have a feeling it may well be a similar scoreline though.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think but could be wrong but it was because Parcell ‘dragged’ him and that’s not allowed?

very harsh though 

They always get dragged, that never ever gets called as the reason, ever. Even though you correctly state its the rule.

This highlights yet another unfairness towards the ball carrier, the ref shouts held and there's an offload,  he gets it back to play the ball.

In this instance, its a penalty.

Archived