Thu 16 Sept: SL: Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see the teams for this one. It’s a must-win for Cas, but you’d think Steve Price would want to build some momentum going into the playoffs and not get caught cold like he has done the last two seasons. D Clark, Walker and Davis are our only recognised hookers and they’re all missing through injury. I wonder if it’s a position for Austin to try and stake a claim for the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Will be interesting to see the teams for this one. It’s a must-win for Cas, but you’d think Steve Price would want to build some momentum going into the playoffs and not get caught cold like he has done the last two seasons. D Clark, Walker and Davis are our only recognised hookers and they’re all missing through injury. I wonder if it’s a position for Austin to try and stake a claim for the playoffs.

Looks like j clark will be hooker, otherwise a strong pack, Ratchford at fullback charnley and thewlis wings, mamo and wrench centres, Austin, Akualo, mulhern and one other bench 

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Looks like j clark will be hooker, otherwise a strong pack, Ratchford at fullback charnley and thewlis wings, mamo and wrench centres, Austin, Akualo, mulhern and one other bench 

No Ashton this week? 

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

No Ashton this week? 

Just an opinion, if a fully fit squad is available for play off Ashton misses out. He comes in if Ratchford is moved or unavailable. Thewlis may keep lineham out. The pack picks itself. 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

For such a strong team on paper it does seem Wire have been and are just going through the motions.

If someone in their camp actually realised how good they can be,  they could win the GF - but at the moment I wouldn't put money on them.

Winning the grand final isn’t the difficult bit for this Warrington team, we’ve beaten Saints and Cats this season no problem. The problem is raising our game against so-called lesser sides to get to the final. I guess we’ll see if we can get that monkey off our back the week after next. 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Currie, Mulhern and Charnley rested. Lineham will come in for some match fitness ahead of the play offs (whether Price in tends to play him as first choice or not). I can’t see this being a Wire win. Cas by 12+ They have everything to play for, Price seems more interested in resting and rotating than building momentum.

16 minutes ago, Alffi 7 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Currie, Mulhern and Charnley rested. Lineham will come in for some match fitness ahead of the play offs (whether Price in tends to play him as first choice or not). I can’t see this being a Wire win. Cas by 12+ They have everything to play for, Price seems more interested in resting and rotating than building momentum.

Charnley had plenty of rest, currie is getting back to his best, if we lose we will play them next week as well, better going for a win and hoping HKR and Leeds knock ten bells out of each other. 

21 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Surely a nailed-on win for Cas for four reasons: 1. Cas have something to play for. 2. Warrington don’t. 3. Powell’s final home game at Cas. 4. Warrington are his next employer. 

Don't know if the bookies have used the same rationale as yourself but they have Castleford clear favourites at 8/15.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

11 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Did Price just say Warrington need to nullify the threat of Noel Edmonds?

Doesn't everyone?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice try from Warrington. Ashton under the big H

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Mamo under the H

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0-12 to Wire after 9mins

Remember folks, no matter how the next 70 mins unfold, Jake Mamo for Man of the Match...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived