Tim Spears

spanishknight

Can't think of many other players to have played for us that have put in the effort and commitment that he has in the last five years. The paragraph I could write here about him would not do him justice. 

Thanks for everything Tim, it's been a genuine pleasure to watch you play for the Knights. Hope we will get to see him in a coaching role with us sooner rather than later.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Echo what other have posted, he has been great for York, but absolutely correct to call it a day. I wonder had Covid not wiped out last season if a few of our recent retirees might have called time on their careers at the end of last season? Cuthbertson will no doubt be next. Kirmond is a “maybe” - perhaps he fancies being a prop next year? 

Very sad to see him go but totally understandable decision. As Fax Knight has said, I'm sure the covid lay off probably gave us another year from a few players. He has been a fantastic role model to many of our younger players and a massive influence both on and off the pitch. He has been a joy to watch play and I hope he and his family enjoy his well earned retirement.

Tim would never be regarded as a FEV legend but he was a firm fans favourite who always gave 100% in the butchers stripes he will always be remembered for 1try he scored against wakefield 

Straight from the kickoff it was timed at 7.7 seconds 

Archived