Injury update

Warriors News

In partnership with Assured Screening, we have the latest from Jai Field on his injury and recovery.

Field pulled up with a groin injury in the captain’s run before Wigan’s Round 22 clash with Castleford Tigers at the end of August.

“It’s frustrating”, Field said, after suffering from a few injury problems in his first season with the Warriors. “I picked up a groin injury in the captain’s run before the Castleford game. It’s been a little bit of a slow one to recover from, I’m only just starting to get back into a bit of team run stuff this week which is three and a half weeks down the track.”

The Australian saw his Wigan debut cut0short with a hamstring injury in Round 1 of the competition in March against Leigh, before returning at the start of August to feature against Salford: “Coming off the back of the hamstring problem as well, it’s been quite a tough year.”

Field is unavailable again for Friday’s fixture against Catalans Dragons, but having been reintroduced to team training he is hopeful for a full recovery soon: “I’m not too sure how it is, it’s been a couple of weeks and it has been slow but I’m just taking it week-by-week and hopefully now I’m not too far off.”

Club captain Tommy Leuluai and Bevan French remain in their recovery on season-ending hamstring injuries with French continuing rehabilitation back at home in Australia, with Leuluai working hard on a return to full fitness with the rest of the team at the Robin Park Arena.

Wigan Warriors squad to face Catalans Dragons:

WiganWarriors_SocialMedia_Templates_1200

Wigan host Catalans Dragons this Friday, 17th September (7:45pm K.O.), in the final league game of the regular 2021 season. Superhero Round is coming to the DW as it’s a game where all Season Ticket Holders can bring a friend for free and all key workers are eligible for two free tickets each! Click HERE for all the details including information on how to get your tickets. 

WIGAN-V-Dragons-970x250px_1.jpg

The post Injury update appeared first on Wigan Warriors Blog.

View the full article

Archived