Has Leigh's relegation been confirmed?

The Daddy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does there have to be 'confirmation'?

Before the season started, the rules stated that the bottom team would be relegated. Leigh came bottom.

Do the FA make an announcement that the bottom team in the Premier League have had their relegation 'confirmed'?

5 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Before the season started, the rules stated that the bottom team would be relegated. Leigh came bottom.

Do the FA make an announcement that the bottom team in the Premier League have had their relegation 'confirmed'?

Because it's Rugby League Paul.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

20 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Because Derek Beaumont threatened legal action last week if they were relegated to the Championship and we've not heard a peep or seen anything on the RFL or SL social media to let us know what the situation is. 

At the very minimum you would expect a social media post, but there's been nothing which leaves a cloud of doubt. 

Add to the fact that there is still some discussion in the background about what the preferred SL structure is for next season 

31 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Because Derek Beaumont threatened legal action last week if they were relegated to the Championship and we've not heard a peep or seen anything on the RFL or SL social media to let us know what the situation is. 

At the very minimum you would expect a social media post, but there's been nothing which leaves a cloud of doubt. 

Add to the fact that there is still some discussion in the background about what the preferred SL structure is for next season 

What we do know is that there won't be a 13 team super league next season. It's either 12 or 14 and my money would be on 12 as the super league league won't want to dilute the TV any more

33 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

There is no case to answer as Dexy knew the rules when this season started

47 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

His only argument is Toulouse have had an unfair advantage. Say Fev win the playoffs will he carry on his crusade?

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

His only argument is Toulouse have had an unfair advantage. Say Fev win the playoffs will he carry on his crusade?

How have Toulouse had an unfair advantage?

How many home games have Toulouse played this season?

Dexy really needs to engage his brain on this one

36 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Only if Toulouse win there's likely to be legal action is what I understood 

Thing is his best chance for getting promotion next year if Toulouse is out of the way in the Championship he should keep his gob shut and prepare for next year

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Thing is his best chance for getting promotion next year if Toulouse is out of the way in the Championship he should keep his gob shut and prepare for next year

But that’s far too logical for a brain donor? 🤷‍♂️ Bye Leigh, thanks for an awesome season, don’t let the door hit your aris on the way out.

Come on kids, the governing rules are confirmed at the various SL or RFL meeting prior to the season, unless there is an extraordinary alteration, which itself would require some level of board meeting agreement or an executive decision allowed by the existing constitution.

I am sure on theoretical item 3 a. of some AGM it will read Leigh have been relegated this winter.

The question we might ask is if we go for the accountant led 10 plus 10,  how do they square promotion and relegation to achieve this coming dularity?

Would the end of next season see three relegated from SL and one promoted, whilst at the bottom of the Championship will we witness up to half a dozen demoted?

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any formal announcement from the RFL or SL on this? 

Simple answer to a simple question and that is no. 

They had a meeting on Monday and absolutely zip has been quoted, stated or confirmed other than out of Brian Carneys backside on Sky! 

Good luck to all the Championship sides. If Leigh do go down, I for one will be looking forward to what would be an uninterrupted and fair season. 

This season has been absolute gash, and I am talking about the game as a whole. Embarrassing! 

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

How have Toulouse had an unfair advantage?

How many home games have Toulouse played this season?

Dexy really needs to engage his brain on this one

Toulouse only have to play one game every fortnight. BUT, they are obviously the best team in the division, by a country mile.

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any formal announcement from the RFL or SL on this? 

It's nothing to do with the RFL and I think SL are just not interested in their 2021 sacrificial lamb. Beaumont is being a complete prat at present and I think the SL are simply ignoring him and Leigh to avoid getting dragged into a drawn-out public slanging match when they have, in their view, better things to do.

10 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Would the end of next season see three relegated from SL and one promoted

I would hope so, the Championship winners either League Leaders or Grand Final whatever is decided for next term should be rewarded, but it is up to the governing body to make the announcement as to the format very soon, clubs on either side of the divide need to know what level of investment they should take to be in the first 10 for the '23 season.

Whatever either 2 or 3 relegated from SL at the end of '22, there will be many calls on these pages to excempt Toulouse from relegation if they make it this season, I will never change my stance that any club playing in the same competition recieve preferred treatment from jeapordy, on the other hand I doubt we will see many rallying around Fev to save them from relegation next term should they make promotion this season.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

It's nothing to do with the RFL and I think SL are just not interested in their 2021 sacrificial lamb. Beaumont is being a complete prat at present and I think the SL are simply ignoring him and Leigh to avoid getting dragged into a drawn-out public slanging match when they have, in their view, better things to do.

I think the opening post is quite a reasonable question to ask, Mr Beaumont quite publicly stated rightly or wrongly what he was going to say at the meeting the following day (13th Sept.) and if the answers did not conform to his opinion he would take legal advice as to how he proceeded by either challenging it or I presume shut up. Surely in the light of his intention he or at least even SL should confirm that relegation will stand as stated a couple or few weeks ago.

Yes, SL have lots of other things to do, but the main topic is what is happening next and the season after and this is a big part of that process, what anyone not present at that meeting does not know if an announcement ready to be made as per the next two season's but Mr Beaumont's protestations have put them on hold.

As a Leigh supporter, I hope he fails and Leigh are in a position to be challenging for the Championship title next season.

Archived