Has Leigh's relegation been confirmed?

The Daddy

15 hours ago, Spidey said:

His only argument is Toulouse have had an unfair advantage. Say Fev win the playoffs will he carry on his crusade?

What about if Fev have had a more advantageous fixture list compared to the team in 3rd, can they then complain? Then what I think team in 3rd.....etc...

It's farcical. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dkw said:

What about if Fev have had a more advantageous fixture list compared to the team in 3rd, can they then complain? Then what I think team in 3rd.....etc...

It's farcical. 

The whole things a joke. If Toulouse were the team refusing to travel they might have a point. As it’s virtually every other club in the league that failed to travel to Toulouse I don’t see how that’s any fault of Toulouse. 

And we're wondering why RL is at an all time low with crowds and TV money down when no one has no idea if a team has been relegated or what's happening next season. The regular season games are finished yet we have no idea as customers about the league structures 

3 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

And we're wondering why RL is at an all time low with crowds and TV money down when no one has no idea if a team has been relegated or what's happening next season. The regular season games are finished yet we have no idea as customers about the league structures 

Quite, we have people like Leneghan, McManus, Davy and Rimmer who want to be taken seriously in whatever they say, but this complete lack of constructive guidance and decision making is just making them and the game a laughing stock. 

Sky should have withheld their intentions or any announcement of the next contract untill they had some clear and precise direction of how the game is going to be formatted with the money they are paying, someone at Sky needs their hands slapping for making this decision, who in their right mind is willing to spend so much money without knowing what they are going to get, and especially with a group of people who are best known for dillying and dallying. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think the opening post is quite a reasonable question to ask, Mr Beaumont quite publicly stated rightly or wrongly what he was going to say at the meeting the following day (13th Sept.) and if the answers did not conform to his opinion he would take legal advice as to how he proceeded by either challenging it or I presume shut up. Surely in the light of his intention he or at least even SL should confirm that relegation will stand as stated a couple or few weeks ago.

I don't think the governing body of a sport should be railroaded into having to keep making statements or confirming rules that have already been clearly stated throughout the year

Only last month https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/super-league-relegation-confirmed-and-thats-bad-news-for-leigh-centurions-3343910

This has all been caused by Beaumont shooting his mouth off on local radio. A credible person would have quietly taken legal advice and then decided on a course of action, rather than spouting off first, trying to bully the SL chairman into going back on a decision that they've obviously already discussed a few weeks ago.

19 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I don't think the governing body of a sport should be railroaded into having to keep making statements or confirming rules that have already been clearly stated throughout the year

Only last month https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/super-league-relegation-confirmed-and-thats-bad-news-for-leigh-centurions-3343910

This has all been caused by Beaumont shooting his mouth off on local radio. A credible person would have quietly taken legal advice and then decided on a course of action, rather than spouting off first, trying to bully the SL chairman into going back on a decision that they've obviously already discussed a few weeks ago.

19 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

This has all been caused by Beaumont

Not a fan of Derek, however, I think Paul raises a valid point. Why should superleague have to release any sort of statement

in regards of which direction we are heading?🤪

If we are to be relegated all well and good.

Promote Toulouse and let the cards fall where they may, let's face it,they were the better option in the first place.

52 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Surely that answers the question posed in this thread.

8 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Surely that answers the question posed in this thread.

Not really because it wouldn't be consistent with what RFL/SL have done in previous years. 

Whenever a team has won a championship, been promoted or relegated there has been a press release or social media post to confirm it.

Why hasn't that happened this time round? The silence is deafening.

Whisper seems to be that Poundshop Koukash has been struggling to sort his squad out for next season with a large number of players already taking up contracts elsewhere and a struggle to put together a squad that he feels will win the Championship and this has lead to his outburst. Everyone saw this relegation coming apart from Degsy it seems and he should have been planning a lot earlier than he were for next season but he has let his ego get in the way once again and it looks like coming back to bite him on the backside.

37 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Not really because it wouldn't be consistent with what RFL/SL have done in previous years. 

Whenever a team has won a championship, been promoted or relegated there has been a press release or social media post to confirm it.

Why hasn't that happened this time round? The silence is deafening.

That article was dated 12th August.That's pretty much confirmation for me.I can see where you are coming from though.

17 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Only if Toulouse win there's likely to be legal action is what I understood 

Dexy would lose the case in court and not only would he have to pay his expenses but also the people he's taking action against.

Again it must be said that Leigh were gifted there Super League place and nobody held a gun to Dexys head telling him that Leigh must play in Super League this season. He was an absolute fool to accept the conditions he did to play in Super League, but that's no surprise with the ego he has

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Dexy would lose the case in court and not only would he have to pay his expenses but also the people he's taking action against.

Again it must be said that Leigh were gifted there Super League place and nobody held a gun to Dexys head telling him that Leigh must play in Super League this season. He was an absolute fool to accept the conditions he did to play in Super League, but that's no surprise with the ego he has

He cant take the case to court, unless he either relinquishes ownership if leigh or cancels leighs membership.

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

The whole things a joke. If Toulouse were the team refusing to travel they might have a point. As it’s virtually every other club in the league that failed to travel to Toulouse I don’t see how that’s any fault of Toulouse. 

LATEST from FEV 

All Clubs have been encouraged by the Governing Body to seek rearrangement of postponed games towards the end of the season and there is no reason why a game can’t be played in France at the present time. As a Club we have been flatly refused on two occasions by Toulouse to replay our game on a weekend or mid-week which is a great disappointment for the whole game.   Why  couldn’t  this have been arranged. As a game, we mustn’t lose any opportunity to showcase the very best of the sport with the best two teams in the Championship going head-to-head one more time.

3 minutes ago, POR said:

LATEST from FEV 

All Clubs have been encouraged by the Governing Body to seek rearrangement of postponed games towards the end of the season and there is no reason why a game can’t be played in France at the present time. As a Club we have been flatly refused on two occasions by Toulouse to replay our game on a weekend or mid-week which is a great disappointment for the whole game.   Why  couldn’t  this have been arranged. As a game, we mustn’t lose any opportunity to showcase the very best of the sport with the best two teams in the Championship going head-to-head one more time.

Absolute BS, why didn't they just play the game that was arranged in the first place? 

Seems like they only wanted to play the fixture when it was too late. 

Anyway that's a separate topic and thread 

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

That isn't quite true though is it Paul?

SL only confirmed to it a few weeks back which the article you qoute referenced to it, only a few weeks before that it was speculated next seasons SL could be 14 teams made up of 2 promotions and no relegation.

As I said before, I don't want Leigh in SL next season, I didn't want them to go in this season, getting a reprieve from relegation at this time in the season would be tantamount to getting promoted and needing to buy player's, but there would be no squad of player's to build on at Leigh, and where would they come from.

12 minutes ago, POR said:

LATEST from FEV 

Simply if Toulouse were to lose against Fev in any rearranged game they would finish second on the % of wins from games played, and who knows may have to give up home advantage for the GF.

20 minutes ago, POR said:

LATEST from FEV 

The Featherstone chairman clearly stated that his team could not travel to France to play any games as their players weren't vaccinated and could not isolate because they had part time jobs. That was in an interview that's on the record with John Davidson only 2 weeks ago. 

Archived