Keighley playoff

Peter Winthorpe

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the second consecutive week Keighley have had a player given a one match ban for dangerous contact to the neck area, this time against NWC. They do love to go high and target this area whilst 'completing' the tackle, not a coincidence it would appear. 

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

3 hours ago, Moonshine said:

For the second consecutive week Keighley have had a player given a one match ban for dangerous contact to the neck area, this time against NWC. They do love to go high and target this area whilst 'completing' the tackle, not a coincidence it would appear. 

For 18 consecutive weeks before that Keighley weren't charged with such an offence once. In fact the incident in the Doncaster game was the first time we've had a player given a suspension for any reason all season. 

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Sorry I think that’s really poor . I don’t even drink anyway 

Come on marra, its been a tough 18 months for the club with the amount of home games we/they have lost and your complaining about a few ££ for a playoff game!!

If they announced free entry on Sunday I would still give the club the £15... and buy drinks in the ground.

Maybe offer your free drinks to one of your mates who is a bit skint?

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Come on marra, its been a tough 18 months for the club with the amount of home games we/they have lost and your complaining about a few ££ for a playoff game!!

If they announced free entry on Sunday I would still give the club the £15... and buy drinks in the ground.

Maybe offer your free drinks to one of your mates who is a bit skint?

Indeed , and what’s poor really is the RFL classifying the game as a cup game and not even giving us any  leeway if we wanted to do anything regards the ST holders . On the drinks … well , i’m very proud all these years hasnt driven me to drink yet !

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , and what’s poor really is the RFL classifying the game as a cup game and not even giving us any  leeway if we wanted to do anything regards the ST holders . On the drinks … well , i’m very proud all these years hasnt driven me to drink yet !

Each to their own with the drink thing but the club needs our money after the past 18months so can't see why any fan would want to complain about not getting a few ££ off.

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Each to their own with the drink thing but the club needs our money after the past 18months so can't see why any fan would want to complain about not getting a few ££ off.

Probably because a lot took a hit on last years tickets and missed three games this year and pile a lot of money in through various means so cant really be called out for asking the question tbh 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Probably because a lot took a hit on last years tickets and missed three games this year and pile a lot of money in through various means so cant really be called out for asking the question tbh 

Ok - as I said each to their own, but we may not have a club to complain about if they don't get some money in.

Archived