Keighley playoff

Peter Winthorpe

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No less that this club and everyone's efforts deserve! Get the f##k in there!

Not much between the sides today, we maybe just edged it. Thought we controlled larger parts of the game without punishing them. Especially 1st half. Hope everyone came through OK, the week off will do us good!

Let's have a HUGE push to pack out DP for the final!

UTT

Oh my Lord we never make it easy do we?! I thought the first half was excellent , Dec made a big difference at the ruck and we attacked fluently and defended really well . It was all set up with the advantage of conditions in the second half … but we managed the second half really really poorly and made it a lot harder job than it should have been .We invited pressure but our defence was strong . I always thought one score would do it but we could never get it . The last kick was a lottery , but thankfully  we got over the line . 

Well what a game, atmosphere at the end was fantastic, good cup tie, could have gone either way I suppose, who knows we may meet them in the final, what a difference O’Donnell and O’Brien made, Fitzy head and shoulders the best on the park today. 
nice to see plenty of fans from Keighley.

25 minutes ago, townie88 said:

No less that this club and everyone's efforts deserve! Get the f##k in there!

Not much between the sides today, we maybe just edged it. Thought we controlled larger parts of the game without punishing them. Especially 1st half. Hope everyone came through OK, the week off will do us good!

Let's have a HUGE push to pack out DP for the final!

UTT

Looking at flights .

Could be a family weekend or a boys  weekend. 

Undecided 🤣🤣🤣

It shows how good Fitzy was when Caine didn't get the MOM. I hope Marcus can get his knee sorted for next year. Well done Keighley for bringing 4 busloads it was great to have the big game atmosphere back at DP. I've hardly got any voice left, well done lads only 80 minutes to go now! Town Town Town !!

Our starting front row was outstanding  I thought Caine needed a big game tbh as his form has dipped a bit IMO and he really delivered . One man who doesn’t get a lot of mentions is Joe Brown but I thought he was excellent today . 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Our starting front row was outstanding  I thought Caine needed a big game tbh as his form has dipped a bit IMO and he really delivered . One man who doesn’t get a lot of mentions is Joe Brown but I thought he was excellent today . 

That’s a good point David, he pulled off some blinding last ditch tackles he was immense in defence 

Well done boys, an excellent 1st half where we controlled it really well and defended as well as we’ve done all year. Second half too many errors and penalties but we found a way to win. Fitzy and Caine outstanding but none of the forwards took a backward step and great to have Dec’s enthusiasm back. 
A shout out to Zac Olstrum, Ethan Bickerdike, Matty Henson, Jake Lightowler, all youngsters in their first pro season and not looking out of place against some really experienced players and Jake did really well to get that kick off. Onwards and upwards boys, let’s have Derwent Park rocking in a fortnight. UTT

Any win is a good win at this stage and we ground it out well. Game management needs improved and we need to be a bit smarter in respecting possession but we got it over the line and that’s all that matters. Some great performances today by the likes of Fitzy, Caine, Cus and Dec and some dodgy ones too (big Alex was terrible in first half). Two weeks to work on the issues though and come out firing for the final.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

5 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Whats the problem with calvin and Jake Moore?

Thought the referee had a solid game as well. Fair and consistent I thought.

In Chris’s interview after the Hunslet game just said he was picking Bickerdike on form, Calvin wasn’t injured. Don’t know about Jake. 

16 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Whats the problem with calvin and Jake Moore?

Thought the referee had a solid game as well. Fair and consistent I thought.

Rumour was Jake was off at the end of the season so wasn't being picked, dont know how true it is, congratulations today fellas! Hopefully go all the way in 2 weeks time 👏👏

3 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Congratulations..only the result mattered today and the lads did the business. Can’t ask for anything more .. Sneaky feeling you’ve beat the best team left and you must be favourites to go up .. fingers crossed 👍

Keighley get another chance against Doncaster, who beat N. Wales in a high scoring game.

4 minutes ago, town blue said:

Keighley get another chance against Doncaster, who beat N. Wales in a high scoring game.

Hopefully Keighley again considering how much support they bring compared to Donny, better for finances.

Where can today's highlights be viewed ?....A fan next to me swears the last Keighley try was a knock on, and it was brave of the ref to award what turned out to be the match winning penalty.....I'd like to have a look at both incidents.

The Derwent Park atmosphere was excellent...aided I must add by the Whitehaven players stood behind us on the popular side shouting out 'Cougars'......Panthers have more bite than Cougars....UTT

Archived