Keighley playoff

Peter Winthorpe

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Hopefully Keighley again considering how much support they bring compared to Donny, better for finances.

Where can today's highlights be viewed ?....A fan next to me swears the last Keighley try was a knock on, and it was brave of the ref to award what turned out to be the match winning penalty.....I'd like to have a look at both incidents.

The Derwent Park atmosphere was excellent...aided I must add by the Whitehaven players stood behind us on the popular side shouting out 'Cougars'......Panthers have more bite than Cougars....UTT

The full game will be replayed on Our League.

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

RFL Twitter have the tries on

Just watched Holroyds try, I wonder why Webster didn’t get at least sin binned, he punches Fitzy when he’s lying on his back after off loading to Holroyd. 

24 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Just watched Holroyds try, I wonder why Webster didn’t get at least sin binned, he punches Fitzy when he’s lying on his back after off loading to Holroyd. 

Yeh .No idea whats he up to there , but he totally ignored the man with the ball 

Fantastic result today, especially in the first half. But it wouldn't be Town if they didn't shred our nerves to bits. Oh man I couldn't believe we didn't even attempt a DG, I was begging for one with 20 to go as it was only ever gonna be a last minute draw. 

That apart credit to the lads as it was a great game, and hopefully it will give them all the confidence to finish the job in a fortnight in front of a bouncing DP. UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I’ve not been on your forum for a long time,but I’ve got to congratulate you on the win today. Watched the game on OurLeague and what a great advert for the championship 1. When they scored in the last minute I must admit I feared the worst for you. Thought the referee had a good game apart from the awarding of their first try,I thought your man caught it on the full in the in goal. Anyway it didn’t matter in the end. Good luck in two weeks time in the grand final who I think keighley will again be your opponent’s. Hopefully see you all next season.

On 21/09/2021 at 06:51, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

We are and we're ready, ready! 

But we will need you all loud and proud. 

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/town/582504

Bring a pal, it's going to be a cracker! 

Thanks for all the support. 

#pushthefeeling 

You took a bit of flak last week about lack of information from me included so well done on the build up to the Keighley game on Facebook and the media. It was great to see all the video messages from past players..top effort Graeme.

14 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

You took a bit of flak last week about lack of information from me included so well done on the build up to the Keighley game on Facebook and the media. It was great to see all the video messages from past players..top effort Graeme.

Thank you. 

The media video messages was driven by Gary, he deserves the credit. 

What a day. I'm sure its aged all Townies by 10yrs 😱. Fantastic first half against the elements but I thought our game management was poor in the second half. Great performance from all the boys but Caine, Dec and Fitzy were outstanding. I'm sure the club will give it a big push and DP will be bouncing for the final. Let's hope the local media do the same but I'm not holding my breath. 🙄 Dissapointing but expected behaviour from the drunken haven players in the popular side, just a bit sad when one of our own was shouting abuse, the stewards should have kicked them out. UTT 

On 20/09/2021 at 21:14, BD20Cougar said:

For 18 consecutive weeks before that Keighley weren't charged with such an offence once. In fact the incident in the Doncaster game was the first time we've had a player given a suspension for any reason all season. 

Pleased to hear you don't do high tackles 🤔🙄😎🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

What a day. I'm sure its aged all Townies by 10yrs 😱. Fantastic first half against the elements but I thought our game management was poor in the second half. Great performance from all the boys but Caine, Dec and Fitzy were outstanding. I'm sure the club will give it a big push and DP will be bouncing for the final. Let's hope the local media do the same but I'm not holding my breath. 🙄 Dissapointing but expected behaviour from the drunken haven players in the popular side, just a bit sad when one of our own was shouting abuse, the stewards should have kicked them out. UTT 

What a game , agree on a couple of your comments Unicorn, our game management was poor in the last 5-10 minutes when we got into Keighley 25 we should have put the game to bed with a drop goal, and I was disgusted with the haven's player's drunken state singing and chanting for Keighley , I would have thought they would want us to be promoted as they would gain from the increased attendances , really let themselves down pity they didn't stay to the very end ! Joe Brown had his best game for town well done marra, Dec, Fitzy, and Caine the stand outs for me , also massive well done to Jake for catching that kick off that was the game changer for me , lastly I have got to mention the Keighley supporters you are a credit to your club you came in numbers and deserve to do well,, hopefully we can meet you again in the final , good luck next week. UTT

18 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Pleased to hear you don't do high tackles 🤔🙄😎🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes mate, the replay is now available on ourleague and you can quite clearly see we don't. No clue what the referee saw there, I'd say he fell for some coordinated arm waving by your boys but hey ho. Didn't want to be sat around twiddling my thumbs next weekend anyway

1 minute ago, BD20Cougar said:

Yes mate, the replay is now available on ourleague and you can quite clearly see we don't. No clue what the referee saw there, I'd say he fell for some coordinated arm waving by your boys but hey ho. Didn't want to be sat around twiddling my thumbs next weekend anyway

Thought your support for your team was tremendous yesterday, well done for coming in numbers. On the tackle, I was stood behind the posts, there was connection with the head, although not serious,  seen them given and seen them ignored, the ref obviously thought it was worthy of a penalty. Good luck next week!

Thought the tackle previous to the one the pen was awarded for was worse and maybe the ref thought 2 running was too much . Made up for their equalising try anyway , looked a double knock on to me , 2 players competing for the ball and knocking it forward .Ref kept the game flowing  , but awarded them 5 or 6 tackle restarts for very little in my opinion , one of which led to a try . Thought our defence won us the game , as we hardly got in their half for most of the 2nd half , seemed to take a few knocks as well , hope everyones fit for the final .UTT .

Archived