Keighley playoff

Peter Winthorpe

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the start of this season if someone said we'd be playing in the playoff final I would laughed at them! Thought we were going in way to light and not enough experience but thankfully Chris Thorman is our coach not me. 80 minutes (hopefully) to go!! UP THE TOWN...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

11 minutes ago, anok4u said:

At the start of this season if someone said we'd be playing in the playoff final I would laughed at them! Thought we were going in way to light and not enough experience but thankfully Chris Thorman is our coach not me. 80 minutes (hopefully) to go!! UP THE TOWN...

I’d probably agree with that, I thought this year would be a development year  really, and in some respects it has been with some of the youngsters probably getting far more game time than was envisaged. Given the injuries to our experienced players like Elliot, Stevie and Gabe we’ve done remarkably well. I know we have lost some of the youngsters we signed on but I think that was more to do with not being able to get game time with their community clubs due to covid protocols than anything else. To be sustainable I definitely think it’s the way to go. 6 of the team on Sunday are in the first year of pro rugby if you forget about the couple of matches last year and Young, Holroyd and Lightowler won’t have had many 1st team games prior to coming to town, all of them can only improve. Well done to Chris and his staff and the board for giving us a great season through all kinds of adversity. Let’s hope whatever happens in the final the rfl give clubs at this level a chance to continue to develop youngsters as they start out on their professional careers. UTT

20 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Does anybody believe 988?

Come on Joe that's a question you as club accountant know the answer to.................or not??????

The thing is it was said on ourleague, by their commentator, that 500 had travelled from Keighley. And from my view it certainly wasn't far short of that number....and near my standpoint on the popular side I had many more folk surrounding me than normal for sure......including the noisy bunch of Haven players.

So 988 minus 500 from Keighley = 488 Town fans (less the Haven lot too).........Therefore Joe was your question serious or just in jest?

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

Come on Joe that's a question you as club accountant know the answer to.................or not??????

The thing is it was said on ourleague, by their commentator, that 500 had travelled from Keighley. And from my view it certainly wasn't far short of that number....and near my standpoint on the popular side I had many more folk surrounding me than normal for sure......including the noisy bunch of Haven players.

So 988 minus 500 from Keighley = 488 Town fans (less the Haven lot too).........Therefore Joe was your question serious or just in jest?

It was serious, but until I see an official figure it is an internal matter. And I’m the company secretary, not the club accountant, not the same at all. Do I believe the figure of 988, you’ve just done the maths so what do you think?

12 hours ago, chromedome said:

Someone must be using Celtics Seville calculator to count those Cougars fans, they famously claimed they took over a million fans to Seville for their euro final. 🙄 it was a great turnout from them but I would imagine only half of what their commentator claimed. Hopefully they get to the final and fetch 500 with them. 👍

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Someone must be using Celtics Seville calculator to count those Cougars fans, they famously claimed they took over a million fans to Seville for their euro final. 🙄 it was a great turnout from them but I would imagine only half of what their commentator claimed. Hopefully they get to the final and fetch 500 with them. 👍

If you mean the commentator on Our League, that was Mick Gledhill,a Bradford Bulls supporter and great lover of rugby league who is always,in the main,optimistic.

This optimism may allow him,occasionally, to gild the lily.

Keighley Cougars laid on 4 coaches - not 6 as stated on Our League. 

A very encouraging turnout for a club that has endured what it has since the governing body did not allow them into Super League in the 1990's.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

10 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

It was serious, but until I see an official figure it is an internal matter. And I’m the company secretary, not the club accountant, not the same at all. Do I believe the figure of 988, you’ve just done the maths so what do you think?

Ok Joe....I did think you were in some role at DP and have been for a while.

I'm gonna leave the subject now, it's worn out, but let's hope we get a better turnout for the final....UTT.

11 hours ago, chromedome said:

Ok Joe....I did think you were in some role at DP and have been for a while.

I'm gonna leave the subject now, it's worn out, but let's hope we get a better turnout for the final....UTT.

Yes we should be aiming for at least 1000.....

It is quite possible Times &Star/News & Star miss-printed the attendance figure and it was in fact higher

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

56 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Can only put in what your given

Sorry but thats rubbish and has been a rubbish excuse by them for years. They are supposed to be journalists, hardly likely that they just sit at a desk and print things they are emailed without doing any actual journalism.

Just now, dkw said:

Sorry but thats rubbish and has been a rubbish excuse by them for years. They are supposed to be journalists, hardly likely that they just sit at a desk and print things they are emailed without doing any actual journalism.

It was me that put the report in and myself that checked 4 times that the attendance given was correct. 

1 minute ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

It was me that put the report in and myself that checked 4 times that the attendance given was correct. 

Ah right, sorry I thought you were referring to the T&S/N&S non reporting of our game and anything about us over the years.

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ah right, sorry I thought you were referring to the T&S/N&S non reporting of our game and anything about us over the years.

Ohh no. I have been doing the match reports on a freelance role this season. I've also got the final so hopefully it'll be the last one in League One for the club. 

Archived