Keighley playoff

Peter Winthorpe

1 hour ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Thank you. 

The media video messages was driven by Gary, he deserves the credit. 

Just one more problem Graeme, that we always notice on popular side, is that the tannoy is so poor we can't hear any of Gary's announcements.

We need Richard, and his trusty ladder, to get up there and sort it out, thanks.....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Thought the tackle previous to the one the pen was awarded for was worse and maybe the ref thought 2 running was too much . Made up for their equalising try anyway , looked a double knock on to me , 2 players competing for the ball and knocking it forward .Ref kept the game flowing  , but awarded them 5 or 6 tackle restarts for very little in my opinion , one of which led to a try . Thought our defence won us the game , as we hardly got in their half for most of the 2nd half , seemed to take a few knocks as well , hope everyones fit for the final .UTT .

Yes you can see the RU type melee for the ball pre try and at least two Cougar knock on's....We spent most of the second half defending our line did we get near enough to manage a decent drop goal attempt....I don't think so.

Maybe there was a knock on in the build up to our last try but to this obviously biased cougars fan the third town try looks suspiciously like a forward pass. (Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see)

Ultimately though I think whichever team had lost yesterday could have no real complaints, both sides made enough mistakes over the course of the game to lose it. You guys did a good job of exposing our young full back in the first half and I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that if QLT had been fit enough to play that could have tipped the game in our favour.

IF we beat Doncaster next week I'm sure the final will be another close one and the winner will be whoever can cut the most of those errors out of their game. I'd definitely like to see that game again but with dry conditions.

So all in all, hopefully see you again in a few weeks and if not I hope you go up because I think seeing Beharell and Peltier win promotion could break me.

42 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Just one more problem Graeme, that we always notice on popular side, is that the tannoy is so poor we can't hear any of Gary's announcements.

We need Richard, and his trusty ladder, to get up there and sort it out, thanks.....

And can somebody put the plug back in the scoreboard ?

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

And can somebody put the plug back in the scoreboard ?

Richard was up there on his ladder in the second half but likely unsuccessful...I think it trips out (I've heard the loud bang when it does)because it wasn't properly waterproofed at inception....and so yesterday he was on a hiding to nothing I guess.

8 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Richard was up there on his ladder in the second half but likely unsuccessful...I think it trips out (I've heard the loud bang when it does)because it wasn't properly waterproofed at inception....and so yesterday he was on a hiding to nothing I guess.

This is one for you Keith..when did we play Keighley in the final at Warrington. All i remember was Darren Holt flying back from holiday to play.

Looking back it was a very risky by JD to do a short kick off at the start of golden point extra time, if Keighley had got the ball they would probably have made enough yards in the set of 6 to have a shot at a DG. But ultimately he rolled the dice to positively try and win and it proved the right decision.  Think my heart rate still hasn't returned to normal! 

6 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

This is one for you Keith..when did we play Keighley in the final at Warrington. All i remember was Darren Holt flying back from holiday to play.

That was a very disappointing day, I was sure we were gonna win that day. We were talking to Stacky's dad in the stadium so I'm thinking it was a decade ago 2011.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

8 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Looking back it was a very risky by JD to do a short kick off at the start of golden point extra time, if Keighley had got the ball they would probably have made enough yards in the set of 6 to have a shot at a DG. But ultimately he rolled the dice to positively try and win and it proved the right decision.  Think my heart rate still hasn't returned to normal! 

That was a very disappointing day, I was sure we were gonna win that day. We were talking to Stacky's dad in the stadium so I'm thinking it was a decade ago 2011.

Yep it was 2nd October 2011.........

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

I thought the ref was excellent yesterday, good communication and was always taking to the other ref.....and played really well in the centres for Keighley....oh wait, that was Webster...

Yeah he was always twining about something.....the ref penalised him just once for yapping at him.

5 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

What a day. I'm sure its aged all Townies by 10yrs 😱. Fantastic first half against the elements but I thought our game management was poor in the second half. Great performance from all the boys but Caine, Dec and Fitzy were outstanding. I'm sure the club will give it a big push and DP will be bouncing for the final. Let's hope the local media do the same but I'm not holding my breath. 🙄 Dissapointing but expected behaviour from the drunken haven players in the popular side, just a bit sad when one of our own was shouting abuse, the stewards should have kicked them out. UTT 

Which one is one of your own?

16 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I’ve not been on your forum for a long time,but I’ve got to congratulate you on the win today. Watched the game on OurLeague and what a great advert for the championship 1. When they scored in the last minute I must admit I feared the worst for you. Thought the referee had a good game apart from the awarding of their first try,I thought your man caught it on the full in the in goal. Anyway it didn’t matter in the end. Good luck in two weeks time in the grand final who I think keighley will again be your opponent’s. Hopefully see you all next season.

i havent been on the forum or been to the ground for a while but the our league app has certainly had me following all season. 

Was a great game and i called the ending sat on my sofa eating cheesy doritos 

Feels a little contradictory just turning up for a final but every voice matters so roll out your aunties uncles grandmas grandas kids the dogs and and anyone else you can drag along 

Just watched the replay on our league, the amount of work that Fitzy and Cus get through, both defending and taking the ball in, is amazing. Watching it without the nerves and tension you can look at the game better and we certainly bossed that first half and just made to many errors in the 2nd although I still thought we defended well. The last ditch tackles by Olstrum, Joe Brown and Cus were vital and with a little better game management we probably wouldn’t have got that nail biting finish. Let’s hope everybody is ok for the final and whoever we are playing we go in with the same mindset as yesterday. Can’t wait!! UTT

Archived