Webcast at 3 on facebook

WTRLFC WEBSITE

There has been a number of strong opinions on how we are fairing on and off the pitch as we head towards the climax of 2021, we welcome opinions and feedback so please use this opportunity to interact with the officials of the club by asking your questions in the Facebook feed.

3pm is the scheduled start time. 

Many thanks for your support. 

#ourtown 

#pushthefeeling 

From the outside we probably sound like we are bitter still going on about it. The top spot had already gone as Barrow weren't going to get beat, so they deserved to go up as league winners. But when you hear Chris pointing out what the RFL wouldn't let us do, then what they allowed WW/Barrow do it is baffling and they rightlysound hard done by, as we could have had a stronger squad the last few weeks.  I'm guessing they used the Covid excuse to stop our lads going back to their community sides, so somewhere down the line did they change rules to allow WW to play the players they did or are they just making it up as they go along? 

So fingers crossed we are getting a few lads back for next Sunday. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

30 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

From the outside we probably sound like we are bitter still going on about it. The top spot had already gone as Barrow weren't going to get beat, so they deserved to go up as league winners. But when you hear Chris pointing out what the RFL wouldn't let us do, then what they allowed WW/Barrow do it is baffling and they rightlysound hard done by, as we could have had a stronger squad the last few weeks.  I'm guessing they used the Covid excuse to stop our lads going back to their community sides, so somewhere down the line did they change rules to allow WW to play the players they did or are they just making it up as they go along? 

So fingers crossed we are getting a few lads back for next Sunday. UTT.

I agree if barrow have played a part in securing amateur players to turn out for WW then this seems wrong. However listening to what was said town can still sign community players at this time of the season so not sure if there is anything technically wrong with amateurs playing for WW as trialists I guess. 

Well just watched the chat and it really answered a lot off questions especially regarding injuries and I personally respect what they said why they have not previously updated fans but as a whole it was a good watch and hopefully the chats come more frequent as it keep fans interested 

2 hours ago, wiganlad said:

I agree if barrow have played a part in securing amateur players to turn out for WW then this seems wrong. However listening to what was said town can still sign community players at this time of the season so not sure if there is anything technically wrong with amateurs playing for WW as trialists I guess. 

Yeah that wasn't issue really though. We can sign community players, what i think happened earlier in the season and I stand to be corrected was Town asked the RFL if they could loan some players back to their community clubs on the dual reg principle but the RFL refused on COVID grounds so the players got cheesed off with not playing and left the club to play for their community clubs.  Hence we have been short of players, but the RFL allowed WW to make up a team for one meaningless game in terms of who would win the league with players from different places including Barrow.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived