Wheelchair Grand Final

The more people who watch Wheelchair RL, the more people realise that it really is RL. Just with more clanking noises.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

And tidier play the balls....

Just like the Candyman, if you say "Unapologetic Pedant" three times, he will appear.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That was an amazing fast game, skill in abundance. If you think SL refs have a difficult task spotting the difference in timing between ripping a tag and grounding the ball is amazing. The tackle completion is decided by a precide moment rather than an interpretation, and no you could not use it in SL. 

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A REF BASHING THREAD

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Hopefully more of this on Sky and the Our League app. A shame they didn't show the Championship final between Hereford Harriers and Warrington Wolves - another cracking game.

There are a couple of games pencilled in for Wales Wheelchair RL - both in Glyndwr University Wrexham - vs Ireland on 16th October and vs Scotland on 30th October. Be great to get a few spectators there.

Congratulations to Leeds and Hereford on winning their Grand Finals

1 hour ago, Heritage XIII said:

Should be an Olympic sport. Unlike that other code the wheelchair version actually resembles the parent sport & uses the proper ball to boot. 

It's just odd how the other one is called rugby but is nothing like it.

The best thing about wheelchair RL, the physical disability game and whatever is that it is recognisable as RL, just with a few adjustments.

2 hours ago, Heritage XIII said:

Should be an Olympic sport. Unlike that other code the wheelchair version actually resembles the parent sport & uses the proper ball to boot. 

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

It's just odd how the other one is called rugby but is nothing like it.

The "other one" was associated with RU, and thus was able to effortlessly gain acceptance into the Paralympics.

Wheelchair RL is associated with RL, and thus it will be a long haul and uphill battle to secure inclusion.

Funny how that works.

Archived