Departing players

Wakefield Ram

Whilst Liam Finn has grabbed the headlines, wish all the best to the departing players, they have all bust a gut this season in difficult circumstances with Covid, injuries and having no easy games.

Matty Fleming - some great individual tries topped by his length of the field effort against Newcastle and all round quality player on attack and defence.

Tom Garratt - just immense 80 performances week after week and has earned his place in SL.

Chris Annakin - heard he's retiring, another quality forward, strong and defence and attack. Not sure we saw the best of him this season but 2019 he helped us stay up and went well 2020. 

6 hours ago, myview said:

Anybody fancy Ridyard from Swinton to replace Finn.? How old is he?

No,injury prone,we’ve enough of them without adding to it plus he must be mid 30’s himself. Heard a few rumours around the ground yesterday that a few players won’t be here next year. Bailey Liu off to Sheffield. Martin, Magrin, Annakin, Oakes all departing,even Paul Sykes. Anyway we’ll see.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

No,injury prone,we’ve enough of them without adding to it plus he must be mid 30’s himself. Heard a few rumours around the ground yesterday that a few players won’t be here next year. Bailey Liu off to Sheffield. Martin, Magrin, Annakin, Oakes all departing,even Paul Sykes. Anyway we’ll see.

Well for somebody who's injury prone he managed to play in all 22 swinton games this time out🤣

New team, new dream....

Or the same recurring nightmare 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Shame if we lose Oakes.   Class player.  Saw him on the pitch before kick off and was surprised he couldn’t make the 17.  Shame to lose Martin too.  Think he’d come into his own in an attacking team (so obviously wasted here😉)

As you say.  We’ll see.   We’ve all gotten used to the yearly merry go round since that Bosman changed things forever 😩

Given the central distribution hasn't been agreed, surprised many clubs are able to agree contracts.

I will say this again, I think our most important signing for next season will be a new coach. Whether that happens or not, we will see but I'm not hopeful.

Whilst defensively we are pretty good, our attack is woefully short of ideas. Watch the Batley highlights and compare their tries to ours.

7 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Fan's saying we need a new coach, who's out there who can work with probably the smallest budget in the championship? The way I see it is Mark Sawyer as either got to back him or sack him. 

A genuine question Graham, but why do you think you have the smallest budget in the C?

Well one of the smallest then,I reckon we will next year. 

I wasn't trying to trick you. I think that you may be right, and even more so next season with what is apparently at stake. Again, other than whoever finishes second this season, plus Leigh, I reckon league places next season are even more difficult to predict. 

match after match same excuses ,covid ,we are as poor as church mice.Turn the record over.What happened with the Harron homes money.Wasn't there supposed to be regular income from them.The artificial pitches have they become white elephants,because you don't see much action on them.The Dewsbury reporter sports department, instead of filling a third of the page ,with a picture of the coach,find out what's going on.

59 minutes ago, silcoates said:

match after match same excuses ,covid ,we are as poor as church mice.Turn the record over.What happened with the Harron homes money.Wasn't there supposed to be regular income from them.The artificial pitches have they become white elephants,because you don't see much action on them.The Dewsbury reporter sports department, instead of filling a third of the page ,with a picture of the coach,find out what's going on.

What’s Harron Homes,artificial pitches got to do with the coach? Btw the artificial pitches seem to be busy when I pass.

21 hours ago, graham fisher said:

What’s Harron Homes,artificial pitches got to do with the coach? Btw the artificial pitches seem to be busy when I pass.

Glad to here that about the pitches.I have seen the soccer pitches ,on a sunday ,during match day ,used once this season.Wow a few facts released.But when you mention the nitty , gritty -silence.The no funds line,that's what it's got to with the coach.Noticed  Ned Kelly on sunday i wonder what he thought of the coaching.

45 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Glad to here that about the pitches.I have seen the soccer pitches ,on a sunday ,during match day ,used once this season.Wow a few facts released.But when you mention the nitty , gritty -silence.The no funds line,that's what it's got to with the coach.Noticed  Ned Kelly on sunday i wonder what he thought of the coaching.

He asn’t the funds. You could get Tony Smith and he’d have the same budget. You do know that’s why Ned left don’t you? He said you can’t compete in the championship on our budget.

Archived