Batley V Bradford

greydog

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes just seen the video. ALSO on a slightly different tack, one of the headers to our page tells us the Bradford have signed Hall BEFORE his and their current competition is over whilst we, ever the gentlemen of the game, have consistently refused to get involved in. Bit disrespectful I think of Bradford, especially as JK worked under our premise for 5 years. Not at all fair on us nor the player or BY the player who has been given the ability to flourish by us then jumps ship. It's not as if it's an upward move either. Sorry, but I'm disappointed in him.

27 minutes ago, phildog said:

Yes just seen the video. ALSO on a slightly different tack, one of the headers to our page tells us the Bradford have signed Hall BEFORE his and their current competition is over whilst we, ever the gentlemen of the game, have consistently refused to get involved in. Bit disrespectful I think of Bradford, especially as JK worked under our premise for 5 years. Not at all fair on us nor the player or BY the player who has been given the ability to flourish by us then jumps ship. It's not as if it's an upward move either. Sorry, but I'm disappointed in him.

Bradford have not revealed their signing of him anywhere on their official media outlets as far as I can see....just a piece in the 'Yorkshire live' website which has no connections with the bulls.The same place where apparently we are signing a York city Knights winger but no official confirmation by both teams either. 

He signed a 1 year deal with us so hasn't broken any contractual obligations, and he works with the Bulls media and marketing team so it's a no brainer for him.

what exactly has the guy done wrong?

players move on.get over it and do the same.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

I really do not understand this viewpoint PD.

Hall has been tremendous for us, but he is not a regular starter, and whilst Hooley is playing as well as he has consistently done this season, I really cannot see that changing anytime soon. 

Hall is undoubtedly a very talented player, but he needs to be playing every week at FB to reach his full potential. However, it is something we cannot guarantee, as we have one of the best players in the division in that role. 

Although I'm really sorry to see him go, as I can see him playing in SL in a season or two, it seems to be the best solution for him, assuming he doesn't fancy playing in the centre or wing.

Squads for Saturday according the rfl site 

batley 21 man 

Blagbrough Broughton Brown Buchanan Burton Campbell Chandler Flynn Gilmore Gledhill  Hall Hooley Johnson Kaye Leak Lillycrop Manning Morton Walshaw White Ward

Bradford 
Brough Brown Crossley Doyle B Evans R Evans Flanagan Fleming  DF Johnston Hallas Hamlett Ho jowitt Kear Lilley Murphy Oakes Rooks Sanderson scurr  Walker  

7 hours ago, phildog said:

Upward move guess it depends who plays which end which half to if it’s a upward move 😝😂

On 23/09/2021 at 10:35, frank said:

What is the capacity for this game?

It doesn't matter. They never report attendances in any case.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's only this season they have been missing.

Wonder if they asked Leeds to borrow Edwards seeing as we are down to bare bones if the three have not recovered sufficiently.

The only attendance Bradford gave this year was the Whitehaven game. 

game day eve big game tomorrow for both teams when you get to the play offs like brown said in the video you don’t want to fall at the first hurdle.

always been tough close games at the mount normally late winners either way think was last time we played there ended 16-0 I believe only game of recent times where it had been comfy. 

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

A genuine question, is there a requirement to do so?

Only to satisfy Dewsbury's inadequacies

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Only to satisfy Dewsbury's inadequacies

Batleys dodgy turnstiles again.They will be 2000 Bull fans and 231 Bulldogs.Dews.always announce their shocking att.this season. I genuinely hope you can win. my Gran lived in conway crescent.Boxing day many ,many years ago it was short walk up to the mount from there.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It doesn't matter. They never report attendances in any case.

"Never" is a very strong word BSJ. Think the word " occasionally " would be better applied in this case. Also other teams "occasionally " don't announce the gate size. It's not exclusive to Batley. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived