Championship play offs live on Sky (Merged Threads)

Eddie

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I doubt at this stage that will be the case. You only have to look at the crowds at women’s games. What I will say to people if they want the women’s game to grow. Get off your ***** and attend the games 

Women’s Sport is definitely a massive growth area, just look at the historic tv deal below. The Women’s World Cup is due to have extensive tv coverage, hopefully it goes ahead as now planned and we get regular club games broadcast on the back of that.

22nd March 2021, it was announced that the Women’s Super league had signed a ’landmark’ broadcasting deal with Sky and the BBC, two of the biggest television broadcasters in the UK. Worth up to £24 million over the course of the next 3 seasons, this is the largest commercial agreement in women’s football to date. The financial boost, along with the increase in public exposure that this will provide, is ground-breaking. At least 35 and up to 44 matches a season will be broadcast on Sky starting in August, and between 18 and 22 will be shown on BBC One and BBC Two.

14 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two useless games that hold no value whatsoever to Sky and are taking place between Championship clubs are being screened on Sky Mix this Saturday.

Just saying.

Harry you've got to remember it's that time of year when Sky show championship rugby to justify owning the  championship TV rights 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’d be really interested to know how the Championship play off viewing figures compare to the Women’s Super League play off viewing figures. Hopefully they becomes available to us.

Women’s sport is a massive growth area and has more potential of getting a regular tv slot than 2nd division rugby league imo. 

Id be happy just to see how they compare to some of the normal SL fixtures.

28 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Women’s Sport is definitely a massive growth area, just look at the historic tv deal below. The Women’s World Cup is due to have extensive tv coverage, hopefully it goes ahead as now planned and we get regular club games broadcast on the back of that.

22nd March 2021, it was announced that the Women’s Super league had signed a ’landmark’ broadcasting deal with Sky and the BBC, two of the biggest television broadcasters in the UK. Worth up to £24 million over the course of the next 3 seasons, this is the largest commercial agreement in women’s football to date. The financial boost, along with the increase in public exposure that this will provide, is ground-breaking. At least 35 and up to 44 matches a season will be broadcast on Sky starting in August, and between 18 and 22 will be shown on BBC One and BBC Two.

That’s soccer. Are you expecting a similar deal for RL ?

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I doubt at this stage that will be the case. You only have to look at the crowds at women’s games. What I will say to people if they want the women’s game to grow. Get off your ***** and attend the games 

I doubt a lot of posters on here actually get along to the men's games, albeit I could be wrong, just saying.

40 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Great copy and paste- more importantly do you have a copy and paste to hand dealing with woman's RL?

• John Drake changed the title to Championship play offs live on Sky (Merged Threads)

Just checked the schedule page on a whim, and I notice that the Fox League channel are showing both today's Championship Playoffs for (insomniac) Australian viewers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived