Match Thread: Championship Semi-final, Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Saturday-2nd-October-2021

The Phantom Horseman

26 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Because itโ€™s a semi.

Fev by 20 for me as Iโ€™ve told Ovenden Grumt. He knows it makes sense ๐Ÿ˜‚

It should be a relatively straight forwards game for Fev, but as you say it's a semi-final and owt can happen. I've heard Fax have been practicing drop goals. I'm going for Fev 22v23 Fax. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It should be a relatively straight forwards game for Fev, but as you say it's a semi-final and owt can happen. I've heard Fax have been practicing drop goals. I'm going for Fev 22v23 Fax. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย  I have had a wager on your team FAX + 26 points start Even money 0nly problem was i couldn't get enough on.Well the weather forecast is terrible.

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Not agggainnn! Lol.

30 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

ย  I have had a wager on your team FAX + 26 points start Even money 0nly problem was i couldn't get enough on.Well the weather forecast is terrible.

I'll take a 1 point win, though I'm not sure my heart will.ย 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

19 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I nearly read your mind as Im going for a Fax win in golden point 20v21.

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

14-4 at half time, really solid half uphill, good completion rate, good yardage made. Need to keep turning the screw int he second half and not invite them into the game, but we looked much the better team in the first half.

Nice to see a bit of patience and not trying to score off every play.ย 

Please view my photos.

ย 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

ย 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

ย 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

What were we worried about ๐Ÿ˜€

Fantastic performance from. 1-17 especially in those conditions.ย 
Bring on Toulouse - weโ€™ll be the underdogs (just how we like it) and going over there with confidence that if weโ€™re on the top of our game we can match them.

ย 

The final is stacked against us, but we will go with confidence, if we can play in these conditions today, The top of the ground in France should suit us.

Should be a really good final and this is the game it needed to be. As much as we were having a laugh and a joke through the week I think we got the result that most people expected and we were dominated from start to finish. The top 2 teams have been a class above the rest and I am really looking forward to next weeks game. Good luck.

Archived