Match Thread: Championship Semi-final, Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Saturday-2nd-October-2021

The Phantom Horseman

Aye, no complaints today we were 2nd best in all departments. Our last two meetings have ended in defeats for Fax by 32 points on each occasion. I just hope our rumoured signings come off and if they do we'll be much more of a force next season. Anyone going to France next week, enjoy❗🍺

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, lingaro said:

There's a wrong to put right next week "small northern towns" do have a place in SL I hope Featherstone Rovers can pave a way for others in our division, we all deserve a day in the sun ☀! 

Shame a few more  don't agree.

Fax played some entertaining rugby like they did in the league game. Their fans added to a good atmosphere. These are the games that make the championship worth watching. Next week is a different kettle of fish were Fev will be underdogs and seeing as we haven't had a shock result yet then let the law of averages take over.

21 minutes ago, lingaro said:

There's a wrong to put right next week "small northern towns" do have a place in SL I hope Featherstone Rovers can pave a way for others in our division, we all deserve a day in the sun ☀! 

The best teams should have a place in SL. May the best team win next week, and good luck in 2022 to whoever gets promoted. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Every cloud has a silver lining then❗🤣👍

As the betting lads say (i have done my brains in)I had a job getting the money on and had to use 4 bookmakers.But i am still smiling at our performance and i think the scoreline was fully justified.I may issue a writ against the weather forecasters as they said 30mph winds and torrential rain.The game was a credit to Championship R.L and both teams played it in the right spirit.As i have said to Oxy before i have a soft spot for Fax as 5 of my teamates played form them in  the early 1970.s.

Well that was a very good performance but i think we will need to improve further to win our place in SL next week.One try conceded down our left edge (AGAIN) and there could have been another 2 from kicks if the wingers could have gathered with the try line beckoning.Frankie Halton is the real deal and i am sure he will have a good SL career.For me he has. drawn level with James Harrison over the last few weeks performances.Hardcastle also had a really good game probably for me his best of the season.Locky did a hardworking 40 min and showd great agility to quickly drop on that Fax dropped ballI can't mention any more as every player had a hand in our performance.I couldn't see owt wrong with Holmes tackle which was a yellow card.Holmes was commited to the tackle and less than a second late in making contact which i thought was to the back or shoulder area not neck or head.Chizzy livened things up when he came on with his quicker passing.With Holmes And Brown we looked like we were playing with two stand offs and no number 7.Obvious that Parata and Ferggy will not be required in Toulouse next week.In the conditiond today i would have had Field as a sub instead of Cooper anyone else of the same opinion.Well i have a lighter pocket having lost a few hundred quid backing Fax with 26 start but a t the finish i was smiling at us being in another final.Next week we must not do so many careless kicks in field the Toulouse team have too many quick players to take advantage.And we will need to be aware of their very good kicking game in the red zone.Put one player man to man all 80 min on Ford he should be in his face from kick off and clatter as he receives a pass.Keep penalties down to a minimum and we may be able to turn them over.

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Shame a few more  don't agree.

I really hope you win next week.

The support for the French sides now they are doing well for a season is very irritating. 

I actually thought Toulouse were very ordinary today. They had been extremely hyped up, no doubt by fans who have never seen them. 

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Niels said:

I really hope you win next week.

The support for the French sides now they are doing well for a season is very irritating. 

I actually thought Toulouse were very ordinary today. They had been extremely hyped up, no doubt by fans who have never seen them. 

Good luck.

Toulouse never got out of second gear first half but looked a different class second forty. The pressure was on the home side and the nerves showed for the first forty. Second half the controlled the game and had fun in the sun. Ford and Kheirallah were classy and dangerous and Fev know they will need to keep both quiet to have a chance. 

Still buzzing this morning. That was a terrific performance in the conditions, the error rate seemed remarkably low and we were dominant almost throughout. As was the case with Batley Halifax were a bit of a battered and patched up team and it showed, but that shouldn't detract from our own performance, we were just so solid both in attack and defence.

Fair play to Webster too, he said that he had upped the intensity in training the last few weeks and we definitely came out firing on all cylinders. The knives would have been out for him if we'd been beaten with Fergie omitted and Chissy on the bench but his selection clearly worked.

Thought Hardcastle, in particular, and Halton were immense, Walker had a really good game and Jones was great too, but it was a fine team performance all round. Roll on next Sunday.

Aye not too many complaints from me although SOA2 may have won his bet if we had not have lost Worthington early in the first half and obviously having a half back and a winger on our bench did not bode well for the game but we were 2nd best at everything. The first try we conceded was really soft which was not the start we wanted but we got a bit of luck with the sinbinning which at least made us feel we had a chance. The 2nd half was a dominant performance by Fev and I will say again that size wise this is like playing against a SL team and the fact that we did turn up broken and really added to the game for 40 minutes I were pretty happy with and to finish 3rd given what teams around us had spent makes it a success although I expect us to be better next year with the signings we have made.

Next week for Fev has to be up there with one of the biggest games in the clubs history? If not then it has to be one of the most important. I think either of these teams that could go up have a chance to stay in SL with some good signings as I think Wakey and especially Salford will be poor. Whoever does not go up should have a good chance for next season as long as they don't change the structure but I don't think either will be as dominant as this season. Im leaning towards wanting Fev as firstly I think they deserve it after all this time and secondly its really going to pee some people off if Toulouse dont make it.

29 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Got my F's mixed up again i meant did anyone know why Cooper was picked on the bench instead of Ferggy.Made no difference as every player played well and the conditions were much better than i expected.

Hope it's because were saving fergie for the final 

10 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

.One try conceded down our left edge (AGAIN) 

That's true but weren't we a man short at the time

2 hours ago, oiseau said:

Toulouse never got out of second gear first half but looked a different class second forty. The pressure was on the home side and the nerves showed for the first forty. Second half the controlled the game and had fun in the sun. Ford and Kheirallah were classy and dangerous and Fev know they will need to keep both quiet to have a chance. 

YES and NO they are both good but i think if you can dominate the TO pack they go missing remember last years semi FEV pack on top they both did nowt 

51 minutes ago, POR said:

Hope it's because were saving fergie for the final 

That's true but weren't we a man short at the time

Yes and Welham put his hand in the air waving for players to get over and give cover.And like i have said before the two chances from kicks are hard to defend.

46 minutes ago, POR said:

YES and NO they are both good but i think if you can dominate the TO pack they go missing remember last years semi FEV pack on top they both did nowt 

Quite agree POR, this TO team is very beatable more so at home than away imo. The pressure on them was immense yesterday. Even Houles post match reckoned playing in front of a passionate home crowd added to the pressure. The attitude second half was different though handling errors from Bartley helped a lot.

I fancy Fev to win by 7 points next Sunday.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Aye not too many complaints from me although SOA2 may have won his bet if we had not have lost Worthington early in the first half and obviously having a half back and a winger on our bench did not bode well for the game but we were 2nd best at everything. The first try we conceded was really soft which was not the start we wanted but we got a bit of luck with the sinbinning which at least made us feel we had a chance. The 2nd half was a dominant performance by Fev and I will say again that size wise this is like playing against a SL team and the fact that we did turn up broken and really added to the game for 40 minutes I were pretty happy with and to finish 3rd given what teams around us had spent makes it a success although I expect us to be better next year with the signings we have made.

Next week for Fev has to be up there with one of the biggest games in the clubs history? If not then it has to be one of the most important. I think either of these teams that could go up have a chance to stay in SL with some good signings as I think Wakey and especially Salford will be poor. Whoever does not go up should have a good chance for next season as long as they don't change the structure but I don't think either will be as dominant as this season. Im leaning towards wanting Fev as firstly I think they deserve it after all this time and secondly its really going to pee some people off if Toulouse dont make it.

If  we win next week the meltdown on the main forum will be something to behold

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If  we win next week the meltdown on the main forum will be something to behold

You've  got to understand that a lot on the main forum who want to see exotic places in SL don't go to live games and in some cases have never been to  a live  game in their lives I've always remembered a poster saying when new york et al came up 

" I have always liked watching the greatest game in a warm place with a large glass of spanish white"

so to stuff them would be great and I've got my post ready and it goes along the lines of

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

1 hour ago, POR said:

You've  got to understand that a lot on the main forum who want to see exotic places in SL don't go to live games and in some cases have never been to  a live  game in their lives I've always remembered a poster saying when new york et al came up 

" I have always liked watching the greatest game in a warm place with a large glass of spanish white"

so to stuff them would be great and I've got my post ready and it goes along the lines of

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Or they live in much more well known, cosmopolitan and exotic places - you know like Wigan, St Helen’s, Warrington and Hull 😀

brilliant display by rovers just one player not up to scratch but none the less a perfect result. Just hoping Chris Kendall doesn't ref the final else we may as well not go.

if we can play without too many errors again like yesterday and a fair ref ha ha then superleague is definitely on.

Archived