Sun 26 Sept: Workington Town v Keighley Cougars KO 14:00 (ouRLeague)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Workington Town
    • Keighley Cougars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/21 at 13:30

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have the personnel back that Chris Thorman is hopeful of (5 or 6 who have been out injured) then we should be much more competitive than we have been lately. Won’t be easy but I’ll go for Town to win narrowly by 6-10 points.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

29 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Workington have only a 50% home win record and the Cougars have a settled squad with stability and the momentum so I feel its to be Keighley to grab the place in final at home. Workington will still have that second chance to stay in it. 

Workington have played the least number of games in League 1,and may be recalling players after a long lay-off.

Keighley have found some form,and momentum, in recent weeks.

Make every effort to attend the fixture,or make certain to view Our League.

It should be an exciting contest...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

41 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Workington have only a 50% home win record and the Cougars have a settled squad with stability and the momentum so I feel its to be Keighley to grab the place in final at home. Workington will still have that second chance to stay in it. 

Despite the fact we have beaten Keighley home and away this season ?

The last few weeks Town have been playing without any props due to injuries. This has had a big impact on performances as we were not the biggest of teams to start with. If the 3 front rowers are back that Chris is optimistic about then I expect our performance to improve massively on recent weeks. For example, in the second half against Hunslet we had a threequarter playing prop, the other prop was a second row and the hooker was Gabe Fell who is a full back. No wonder we have been getting outmuscled. But if the regular front rowers are back then its a different ball game.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

15 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

neither are anything to write home about

We were on course to win this league for most of it so can’t be that bad . We’ve lost 7 middle forwards and our hooker . I just hope this mini break has refreshed us and some players reinforce us . I don’t predict us , I don’t ‘expect’  to win  , but if our players are out there who’ve done well this season then at least I except a much improved showing and to show ourselves in a good light . Then see what happens 

I quite like being written off as no hopers. For the vast majority of the season until covid struck and a multitude of injuries we were doing ok. For a team that hasn’t invested heavily and have a relatively young and inexperienced squad I’m really pleased  where we have got to this year. Sunday will come down to who performs on the day, hopefully if we get some bodies back, a big crowd and don’t have Crashley refereeing we’ll do ok. UTT

23 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

I suppose it's that having seen Workington and Keighley in recent weeks and that neither are anything to write home about it difficult to predict. I'd pick Keighley cos winning is a habit and Workington seem to have lost that.

Both finished ahead of Doncaster? Strange statement to make as there's really very little between 2nd and 5th. 

3 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Both finished ahead of Doncaster? Strange statement to make as there's really very little between 2nd and 5th. 

If anything these play offs are the most intriguing of any comp because it’s so close and competitive and anyone can come out on top , it’s on the day . I’ve very much enjoyed this league and the standards in it this year .

Archived