Sun 26 Sept: North Wales Crusaders v Doncaster KO 16:30

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• North Wales Crusaders
    • Doncaster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/21 at 16:00

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

It will be close but Doncaster's form in recent weeks has been strong. Admittedly so has NWs but losing to Keighley last week was a poor result.

I admire your confidence - but Crusaders will want this, and want it badly.

In fact it was Doncaster that kick-started our season....after the pasting we took, it evidently fired up the team to go onto a 7 game winning streak. I think the loss to Keighley and the incredible support the team received at the end of the game will inspire our players. 

I think it will be close but Crusaders to win.

3 minutes ago, gogledd said:

I admire your confidence - but Crusaders will want this, and want it badly.

In fact it was Doncaster that kick-started our season....after the pasting we took, it evidently fired up the team to go onto a 7 game winning streak. I think the loss to Keighley and the incredible support the team received at the end of the game will inspire our players. 

I think it will be close but Crusaders to win.

Whereas Doncaster won't want it as much? I admire YOUR confidence.

4 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Whereas Doncaster won't want it as much? I admire YOUR confidence.

I am confident as North Wales Crusaders will have their 18th player - the Crusaders Supporters...

19 minutes ago, gogledd said:

I am confident as North Wales Crusaders will have their 18th player - the Crusaders Supporters...

Thing is we can all be confident when our teams playing well and we all exist within our own bubbles. I'm perfectly happy for us to fly under the radar. We may win, we may lose but NW don't hold any fear for us. We've faced adversity for 70 years now and we may for another 70 but if you play for the Dons a few hundred people willing you not to win has zero effect.

A few weeks ago I would not have bet against Cru.

Then it seemed as though when the loanees were sent back to their parent club the wheels seemed to have come off.

If that is the case then, as Doncaster have been on the ascendancy they may have the fire power.

Doncaster to prevail.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

A few weeks ago I would not have bet against Cru.

Then it seemed as though when the loanees were sent back to their parent club the wheels seemed to have come off.

If that is the case then, as Doncaster have been on the ascendancy they may have the fire power.

Doncaster to prevail.

Doncaster have the capability to score more than they concede. It sounds obvious but with this group the points are there. Tindall, Tali, Smeaton, Beharrell. In the forwards Peltier, Douglas, York, Johnson. A lot of threats there. If we're being underestimated then that's ok. 

No one is underestimating Doncaster, far from it. I can understand why many people see us as favourites, we had an amazing run and finished higher in the league, and we were just one win away from finishing second. But let's not forget that Doncaster were one of the favourites for promotion at the start of the season, and it was a 68-0 defeat at home to Doncaster that triggered our winning run.

We are up against a team with a playing budget several times the size of ours, and no doubt they will want to prove their worth. On the other hand, we have come from nowhere, and were second favourites to finish bottom, so I think this "favourites" tag is more to do with popularity for the underdog and a recognition for what we have achieved.

Yes, we had loan players who made a difference, they came in as cover for players who were injured or self isolating. They made the most of their time here and in helping us they helped themselves, which at the end of the day is the whole idea of going out on loan. Any club can do it, and we were fortunate to get the right players with the right attitude.

Whatever happens on Sunday, this will be our last game at our new home this year. It has been a fantastic year, bringing to an end five years of adversity since we left the Racecourse. To be playing in the second week of the playoffs is a massive achievement for a club said to have the second lowest playing budget in the league.

We are not underestimating Doncaster, who will be given the respect that they deserve, but we have nothing to fear simply because we have already exceeded our expectations for the year. Of course we want to win, that's the whole point of playing the game, but we are going to celebrate, whatever the result.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

38 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

No one is underestimating Doncaster, far from it. I can understand why many people see us as favourites, we had an amazing run and finished higher in the league, and we were just one win away from finishing second. But let's not forget that Doncaster were one of the favourites for promotion at the start of the season, and it was a 68-0 defeat at home to Doncaster that triggered our winning run.

We are up against a team with a playing budget several times the size of ours, and no doubt they will want to prove their worth. On the other hand, we have come from nowhere, and were second favourites to finish bottom, so I think this "favourites" tag is more to do with popularity for the underdog and a recognition for what we have achieved.

Yes, we had loan players who made a difference, they came in as cover for players who were injured or self isolating. They made the most of their time here and in helping us they helped themselves, which at the end of the day is the whole idea of going out on loan. Any club can do it, and we were fortunate to get the right players with the right attitude.

Whatever happens on Sunday, this will be our last game at our new home this year. It has been a fantastic year, bringing to an end five years of adversity since we left the Racecourse. To be playing in the second week of the playoffs is a massive achievement for a club said to have the second lowest playing budget in the league.

We are not underestimating Doncaster, who will be given the respect that they deserve, but we have nothing to fear simply because we have already exceeded our expectations for the year. Of course we want to win, that's the whole point of playing the game, but we are going to celebrate, whatever the result.

Couldn't have put it any better than this, post of the week IMHO. Like the man says, 

We are North Wales Crusaders, and we Fear Nothing.

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

If NW play what's in front of them when  attacking Donnys line. The shift plays they used last week led to them losing, with players either dropping passes or putting bad passes out to the wingers or centres and wingers being out of position. I would like to see NW progress but they have to get their plays spot on.

12 hours ago, wasginger said:

If NW play what's in front of them when  attacking Donnys line. The shift plays they used last week led to them losing, with players either dropping passes or putting bad passes out to the wingers or centres and wingers being out of position. I would like to see NW progress but they have to get their plays spot on.

we've looked out of sorts in the last couple of games, starting with the last but one league game against Cougars. Maybe some fatigue after the good run, maybe having to reshuffle with players unavailable, maybe some other smaller things in the mix too, like players carrying knocks.  Even beating Skolars 44-0 wasn't as much at it should have been tbh.

I really hope we get it right on Sunday and do over the Dons....if nothing else 'coz it's our last home game of the season 🙂

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 21/09/2021 at 17:49, Rob Nash said:

Thing is we can all be confident when our teams playing well and we all exist within our own bubbles. I'm perfectly happy for us to fly under the radar. We may win, we may lose but NW don't hold any fear for us. We've faced adversity for 70 years now and we may for another 70 but if you play for the Dons a few hundred people willing you not to win has zero effect.

Rob if your at Eirias Park on Sunday I'll be on the players entrance doing the temperature checks. Pop over and say hello and I'll by you a pint....you'll need one after 70 years of adversity.

Hi All Doncaster fans,

As you'll be aware we now play at the Sadiwm Zip World, Parc Eirias, Abergele Road, Old Colwyn, Colwyn Bay, LL29 7SP. Come off the A55 at junction 22. left after the off ramp, right at the mini roundabout and Zip World is about 600m on the right.

Match tickets available through the North Wales Crusaders website or pay cash on the gate.

https://shop.northwalescrusaders.com/product/crusaders-v-doncaster-play-offs-ticket/

From 3pm its Happy hour and its £2 for Wrexham Lager and Bootlegger Pilsner (both excellent beers)

Have a safe trip to North Wales and expect a warm welcome (croeso cynnes)

After the game we drink at the Park Hotel, Colwyn Bay about 500m from the stadium; again all welcome.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Josef K said:

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, but how are Callum Hazzard & Alex Eckley doing at the Crusaders ?. 

They are doing very well, both making a telling contribution. Callum is fast and skilful but I’d like to see him a bit heavier. Alex seems to be really growing into his role.

13 hours ago, Josef K said:

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, but how are Callum Hazzard & Alex Eckley doing at the Crusaders ?. 

Both get regular first choice places. Hazzard is a really class player and Alex is one of those guys who does a lot without getting the praise he deserves. I hope we can hold on to both of them next season.

10 minutes ago, gogledd said:

Both get regular first choice places. Hazzard is a really class player and Alex is one of those guys who does a lot without getting the praise he deserves. I hope we can hold on to both of them next season.

https://northwalescrusaders.com/2021/09/03/new-deal-at-crusaders-for-alex-eckley/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived