Fri 24 Sept: Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this will be a belter. I guess it's all about whether Revers will be able to defend a confident Wire attack as I think both teams have the ability to score tries against each other, it's just that I reckon the Wire defence will be better.

It'll be nice if the outcome is still in doubt towards the latter stages, that should make for a fantastic finish.

I have this feeling though that it may be over, if not by half time, probably early doors 2nd arf.

Wire 32 Rervers 16.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I think we have got too many players out and it’s going to be late before we know whether Sims, Vete, Lawler and Maher will be available going by the HDM.

After the last few seasons just making the playoffs has been a great season for us so even though I’m not expecting a win I can’t complain about how the year has gone.

I think this will be closer than it looks on paper, and a very entertaining game that doesn’t fit the typical playoff type of grind-out. Rovers have a few injuries but Smith will let them go out there with a ‘nothing to lose’ attitude and there will be lots of running from dummy half, blind offloads, and throwing the ball about in an effort to catch Warrington off guard. Whether they can keep that up for long enough without conceding will be the key for them.

For Warrington, it’s just a case of maintaining composure and not taking their foot off the pedal. I imagine it will be a nervy first half, with Widdop and Williams hopefully steadying the ship in the second.

Too hard to predict a score, due to Warrington’s inconsistency against teams below them in the table.

5 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think this will be closer than it looks on paper, and a very entertaining game that doesn’t fit the typical playoff type of grind-out. Rovers have a few injuries but Smith will let them go out there with a ‘nothing to lose’ attitude and there will be lots of running from dummy half, blind offloads, and throwing the ball about in an effort to catch Warrington off guard. Whether they can keep that up for long enough without conceding will be the key for them.

For Warrington, it’s just a case of maintaining composure and not taking their foot off the pedal. I imagine it will be a nervy first half, with Widdop and Williams hopefully steadying the ship in the second.

Too hard to predict a score, due to Warrington’s inconsistency against teams below them in the table.

Your confidence and positivity is infectious 😀

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The squads are out.

Rovers' looks stronger than expected. I thought Abdull, Sims and Maher were out?

At least King, Clark and Walker are back for Warrington. All big game players this season.

Some good players to miss out, will Ashton be fullback if so were is Ratchford playing, 

52 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Some good players to miss out, will Ashton be fullback if so were is Ratchford playing, 

To be honest I’d have Ratchford at the back for this one. Ashton on the opposite wing to Thewlis. I’ve been a Charnley fan, but this season he’s been out of form and a liability. My biggest gripe is that he flops about on the floor far too often trying to gain a penalty, and then delays things further by staring at the referee for an extra second once on his feet. Ashton just goes about his business and gets us on the front foot.

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

55 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

To be honest I’d have Ratchford at the back for this one. Ashton on the opposite wing to Thewlis. I’ve been a Charnley fan, but this season he’s been out of form and a liability. My biggest gripe is that he flops about on the floor far too often trying to gain a penalty, and then delays things further by staring at the referee for an extra second once on his feet. Ashton just goes about his business and gets us on the front foot.

I'd probably go with that, maybe now is not the time to mess too much with it, and Ratch has been at 1 all year pretty much. 

But, that performance last week from Ashton is what I want from a fullback. I rate Ratch, although I haven't always done so, and that is generally because you don't see those real dominant performances from him. Ashton last week was scoring, chasing everything, kicking through himself, he was the dominant fullback that I think Ratchford could have been. I accept they are different styles, but Ratch is maybe more like Hodgson, but Hodgson could also dominate from 1.

I think there may be a place for Ratch in a roving 13 spot over the next couple of. Years, because I'd be freshening us up with Ashton at 1 next year.

I’m still going to dream, and will shout and scream all night on Friday, but let’s be honest Rovers’ squad is busted and the players who are still on the pitch are running on the smell of an oily rag not petrol. If we had even 5 of the 10+ or so first 17 we’ve missing, maybe an upset would be possible, but the last 2 months have been an exercise of Smith getting miracles from fringe players.

But hey, whilst there’s time on the clock and trick plays in the locker there’s hope eh! RRTR, RTID 💕

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I'd be freshening us up with Ashton at 1 next year.

I too think we’ll see Ratchford in a roaming role. The only problem with Ashton at 1 is that we also have the best all-round fullback for years coming through in Thewlis. He’s got so much natural talent and the brains to go with it. What a great problem to have though! 

23 minutes ago, M j M said:

Is it just my imagination or do Warrington rarely win pretty much any games they are the favourites in? 

Typo corrected. That’s why I hope finishing third will actually help us if we get to the final. Less pressure, and we know we can rise to the occasion against the best.

Warrington have been burned in the equivalent fixture in 2019 and 2020 against lower-ranked opposition. I really cannot see it happening for a third time.

Hull KR are missing several big players and some probably aren't at full fitness. Warrington have had weeks to prepare for this game, but Hull KR have had a battle to get here.

I see a big Warrington win, by 30 or more points (although would be delighted to look foolish tomorrow).

Rovers are down on troops and several playing with injuries.

We looked tired against Leeds and I hope we can find the energy to be competitive but it looks like a Warrington win.

In the regular round game at Warrington, Rovers were ahead at half time and level after 60 minutes but ended up losing 50-26. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar.

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers are down on troops and several playing with injuries.

We looked tired against Leeds and I hope we can find the energy to be competitive but it looks like a Warrington win.

In the regular round game at Warrington, Rovers were ahead at half time and level after 60 minutes but ended up losing 50-26. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar.

Nah, we've not got GI now

Archived