Fri 24 Sept: Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think someond must have drugged the water bottles in the Wire changing room... They spilled so many simple easy takes it was like they were on something 

Panic RL always chasing. Smith played a blinder. Price had no answer.

6 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Put it this way - I'm very pleased to be playing Leeds and not Wire next week.

Of course, of course, who wouldn't.

But given you've not beaten either us or them in a big game for years and years you probably shouldn't be counting your chickens either way really lest the club's reputation for choking against the other members of the Big Three comes back to haunt you.

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

But given you've not beaten either us or them in a big game for years and years you probably shouldn't be counting your chickens either way really lest the club's reputation for choking against the other members of the Big Three comes back to haunt you.

We’ll see my man, we’ll see.  Amazing how we can be back to back champions and cup holders given our choking isn’t it.

im sure we beat a team called Leeds on the way to winning the cup. As we will next week.

32 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Yep, great for Hull KR even had my missus and I out of our sitting room seats.

You live with a Wigan fan?

Wow!

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

14 minutes ago, M j M said:

😂😂😂

Apologises for my previous post, I got it wrong. MJM vs Any Saints Fan is more appropriate!

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

But the Adam Hills head on the false leg is superb and shows the spirit and the fun of the PDRL... what a success that has been. Everyone involved should be very proud.

They've just shown that bit of footage on The Last Leg.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

52 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Does this set up the biggest match up of the year? I don’t mean Saints vs Leeds; but the impending debate/slanging match between Saint Toppy vs MJM? 

Congratulations Hull KR. Didn’t see the second half; but great effort! Chuffed to bits for them.

Don’t worry mjm and sks can have a week off I’m still sunning myself in a Caribbean beach until Friday.

it’s hardly worth baiting them this year anyway they’re just also rans 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I was not surprised when we (Hull KR) were ahead at half time. I just thought we might run out of steam in the last quarter.

When Mikey Lewis scored his amazing try I allowed myself to think we might just have a chance. From that point on we showed superb game management and never looked like losing. 

Wire didn't have any players missing through injury, just one through suspension. Rovers had loads of first choice injury absentees including Hall, Parcell, Sims, Lawler, Quinlan, Minchella, Hadley, Ryan and Minikin.

It didn't matter because the players who were available defended like their lives depended on it and we had two half backs in Abdull and Lewis who totally outplayed Widdop and Williams.

Very proud of the Hull KR team outplaying the massively more expensive Warrington players.

On 22/09/2021 at 22:58, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I’m still going to dream, and will shout and scream all night on Friday, but let’s be honest Rovers’ squad is busted and the players who are still on the pitch are running on the smell of an oily rag not petrol. If we had even 5 of the 10+ or so first 17 we’ve missing, maybe an upset would be possible, but the last 2 months have been an exercise of Smith getting miracles from fringe players.

But hey, whilst there’s time on the clock and trick plays in the locker there’s hope eh! RRTR, RTID 💕

Well, well, well. What a performance. I’ve given myself a big slap for the lack of belief earlier in the week. What a season, what a hard-working squad of committed players, led by a humble coach who knows how to find a way despite the odds - just love it. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Does this set up the biggest match up of the year? I don’t mean Saints vs Leeds; but the impending debate/slanging match between Saint Toppy vs MJM? 

Congratulations Hull KR. Didn’t see the second half; but great effort! Chuffed to bits for them.

Toppy seems to have blocked me, never replies to my searching questions 🤔 

Didn't see the game but well done KR and in particular Tony Smith. Who seems like a bloody good coach and human being.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Well, well, well. What a performance. I’ve given myself a big slap for the lack of belief earlier in the week. What a season, what a hard-working squad of committed players, led by a humble coach who knows how to find a way despite the odds - just love it. 

Yes, he's humble. He's plenty to be humble about, too. 😀😀

Certainly, more successful at Hull K R as he ever was as National coach.

Definately well done to HKR,  though I felt that if Warrington ever got in gear, they'd zoom away. I waited and waited and waited but it never happened and they got more and more frustrated...and it showed.

Can HKR go all the way? I'd like to think so, if only to see a new name on the trophy and to show others than you CAN rise from obscurity to victory in this sport with the right owner.

Archived