Thu 23 Sept: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Leeds have to score three tries or more and they win.

Stop nicking my lines 😄

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

No Bulluck and Isa back in the centres is a worry,can’t see past Leeds in a low scoring contest 

With 2 Aussie reserve graders,a bang average championship winger,& Iain Thornley coming in & no halfback for next season yet,this could easily be our last playoff game for a while.

On 21/09/2021 at 22:03, M j M said:

Some major players have returned for Leeds this week and last. If they are fit, and you have to question whether someone like Oledzki really is, then Leeds have the better team and I'd expect a win.

Yeah I don't think he is really fit but I guess an injection or two and he and others will risk it

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

I think Leeds will have too much in the pack and with ball in hand.  I think they'll get the 3/4 tries that will probably see them win the game.

Can't see them getting over the line 3/4 times. Wigan try line defence in particular has been amazing so Leeds will need errors or another stellar perfomance from the fat 40 year old! Still don't think Lui should go home but sounds like it his missus who says they have to! 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can't see them getting over the line 3/4 times. Wigan try line defence in particular has been amazing so Leeds will need errors or another stellar perfomance from the fat 40 year old! Still don't think Lui should go home but sounds like it his missus who says they have to! 

I dunno, they managed it twice last time out with half a team and playing with 12 for 20 minutes so I can see them causing some real problems.  If the returning guys are match fit (big if) Leeds will cause Wigan problems.

A very low scoring game coming I sense. Wigan's attack is poor and defence is excellent. Leeds are more well rounded but are better than Wigan in attack and worse in defence. This game will turn on whether Leeds can break Wigan down enough times. With play offs often leaning more towards defensive ability, I see a narrow Wigan win.

43 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

With play offs often leaning more towards defensive ability, I see a narrow Wigan win.

I can easily see Cats getting complacent against a revitalised Wigan next week if that’s the case. I think we’ll see a final between two of Wigan / Saints / Warrington, and probably a very dull but close final.

16 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I can easily see Cats getting complacent against a revitalised Wigan next week if that’s the case. I think we’ll see a final between two of Wigan / Saints / Warrington, and probably a very dull but close final.

Exactly how I see it going apart from Catalans getting frustrated by Wigan rather than complacent. Same end result though.

At the start of the year I fancied Wigan to win the competition. I thought they were the better team in the 2020 GF and expected them to improve in 2021.

They have looked all year like proving me wrong but have just started to show signs of coming good.

Even so their attack is clunky and I feel Leeds have the better all round game. I think Leeds can win especially if they have a couple of their forwards back.

Archived